Rifftrax Live 2020!
(Mar 05, 2020, 02:22 am)BadFilms Wrote: I did my part.

That's nice that you guys did donation. Though did you see my posts about the new sketch goals?

Gymkata and Mortal Kombat looks like they are going to be good riffs. That DVD (or Blu-Ray if they make that into a sketch goal) will be good in my collection. And the VOD?  Big Grin
I'll be honest, both Gymkata and Mortal Kombat are really the ones I most excited about!! I can't believe either of those don't have riffs yet...especially will all the jokes about Gymkata back in the day in early MST3K (which I think Frank had admitted in an interview that none of them ever actually saw, they'd only heard about the insane premise)
(Mar 05, 2020, 11:42 am)tripletap006 Wrote: I'll be honest, both Gymkata and Mortal Kombat are really the ones I most excited about!!  I can't believe either of those don't have riffs yet...especially will all the jokes about Gymkata back in the day in early MST3K (which I think Frank had admitted in an interview that none of them ever actually saw, they'd only heard about the insane premise)

Huh  I did not know that. 

Also, the eighth short has been unlocked.
Yeah, I went for a fairly high tier, so I should be getting everything, as usual.
while not official I do have 2 iriff mp3s for Mortal Kombat and there is a commentary by Gymkommentary for Gymkata that was posted on here a long time ago.
(Mar 06, 2020, 11:06 am)TheDarkPrince2018 Wrote: while not official I do have 2 iriff mp3s for Mortal Kombat and there is a commentary by Gymkommentary for Gymkata that was posted on here a long time ago.

Well, good to hear, but the Rifftrax touch is the greatest touch.

In other news, the ninth short has been unlocked. One more to go! We're getting close to the Gymkata riff, folks. I can smell it!
ok, i'll be the one to say it, and ppl will flame me for being a complainer but there's no way i'm the only one who feels this way: why is a VOD-grade movie taking up one of our oh-so-precious annual Just-The-Jokes spots reserved for blockbusters? isn't the whole point of JTJ to circumvent copyright? you're telling me acquiring the copyright to Gymkata was right up there with Marvel movies? i declare shenanigans, poppycock, tomfoolery and balderdash all at once.
With all due respect I have heard some iriffs that are better than the "official" group ... so that's a very subjective observation
(Mar 06, 2020, 21:56 pm)enyalep Wrote: ok, i'll be the one to say it, and ppl will flame me for being a complainer but there's no way i'm the only one who feels this way: why is a VOD-grade movie taking up one of our oh-so-precious annual Just-The-Jokes spots reserved for blockbusters? isn't the whole point of JTJ to circumvent copyright? you're telling me acquiring the copyright to Gymkata was right up there with Marvel movies? i declare shenanigans, poppycock, tomfoolery and balderdash all at once.
People have wanted Gymkata for years. (In fact, they wanted it back in the MST3K days.)

Also, they don't acquire copyright; they license the movies that they do VODs for. For Marvel movies, there's no license (or copyright) involved at all. You can do a "Just The Jokes" of any movie you like at any time. But they make less money off of Just The Jokes and it seems that people prefer the VOD movies these days. Personally, the blockbusters don't even interest me at all, so those are never a draw.
(Mar 07, 2020, 06:23 am)BadFilms Wrote: You can do a "Just The Jokes" of any movie you like at any time. 

right, like The Room or Birdemic, which was fine when we were getting one a week. now that number is something like two per year. it clearly should be a VOD, that's where the cheap B-movies go, because a blockbuster will never be a VOD, because of copyright.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  May live show JusSonic 4 722 Apr 16, 2024, 02:21 am
Last Post: intransitivelie
  Rifftrax Live 2024 Kickatarter announced ageekyguy 66 8,655 Apr 11, 2024, 11:49 am
Last Post: peephalk
  Has anyone ever "fixed" Rifftrax Live Time Chasers? ageekyguy 3 770 Apr 10, 2024, 11:19 am
Last Post: ageekyguy
  Tickets for A Night of Shorts 15 and this month's live show JusSonic 7 1,457 Mar 22, 2024, 10:36 am
Last Post: SuperLake
  EVIL DEAD I & II with Live Bruce Campbell Commentary Coldyron 15 22,182 Feb 29, 2024, 19:00 pm
Last Post: peephalk