Remove uTorrent Ads in One Click With “Pimp My uTorrent”
Im working on cracking the latest utorrent beta.
Any good torrent clients - other than uTorrent?
(Mar 18, 2015, 18:19 pm)Carjacker Wrote: Now, the only reason I would use a lower version, is if a private site would only allow that version.
Sure, people say to stick with a lower version cause uTorrent is now 'bloatware' - but remember, uTorrent is a commercial company, they need to generate revenue, they have employees, developers,testers, R&D, etc..
 They give away the software for 'free', basically, with no time limit or crippled features. So, you get to see some ads,if you dont buy the 'Premium' or 'Pro' versions. So what?
I still use utorrent 2.0.4, because it works just fine and has absolutely no ads whatsoever.
Why whould I want to use a product that has ads, when I can use one that doesn't?
And buying a product is sort of antithetical to what TPB is about I think. Big Grin
qBittorent is a good alternative
Preferences ==>> Advanced

Filter on the right type:

Code:
gui.show_plus_upsell

Set it to False then click OK

doesnt work for me cant click aply ,gues i need the button pritty bad ..

edit: the button is a png :/

can anyone direct me to the best torrent client topic cant find it Sad
(Feb 22, 2017, 20:18 pm)L3d Wrote: can anyone direct me to the best torrent client topic cant find it Sad

There isn't one, because it's a dumb and pointless topic--they're all free (except for the ones they try to sell to suckers), they're all relatively small, they can all be installed side-by-side and run in parallel with no problems and they all download at the exact same speed. It's just a matter of which gui takes your fancy, and knowing what someone else likes is of no use whatsoever in figuring out what you like.
I haven't tried Pimp uTorrent (I've only learned about it now), but I clean the ads manually by changing the appropriate advanced settings following online tutorial(s). It's 5,6 steps and voila, I never see any ads whatsoever. I haven't disabled autoupdate, but the ads don't ever show up, so it only needs setting upon first installation - on a fresh Windows installation, or a new computer.

That's all there is to it, don't understand why all this talk. Those who don't know how to disable ads, can either leave them (and support uTorrent), or choose another client. I've only tried Azureus (or Vuze as it's apparently now called). There was a time a few years ago when uTorrent had problems with disk caching - the disk I/O didn't work properly and sometimes files wouldn't write to disk, the torrent wouldn't download if you chose only some files and not the whole torrent etc. so I was forced to try another client. Vuze is a good client, but a bit too cumbersome for my liking, plus I'm used to uTorrent GUI/UX. After a while, when I got a new laptop I tried uTorrent again and it was working properly, so I just disabled the ads and continued using it.

Does this Pimp uTorrent work on new versions as well (works regardless of the versions)? It's a neat solution for unsavvy uTorrenters, though I haven't tried it, but I assume it works as advertised lol.
https://github.com/transmission/transmission-releases

Transmission has always been my number one choice for torrents.

You see, it's free and it's lightweight.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What program do people use to remove commercials/adds from TV recordings? benn0 3 2,168 Dec 01, 2023, 01:29 am
Last Post: rezwaki
  Excel insert multiple image at once rather than doing it one by one zillah 0 6,750 Apr 16, 2022, 02:54 am
Last Post: zillah
  How do I downgrade/remove foreign packages? RobertX 2 9,247 Mar 29, 2022, 00:02 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Win 10 blocking utorrent daigorohanzo 9 11,449 Feb 16, 2022, 14:11 pm
Last Post: daigorohanzo
  uTorrent web dueda 2 18,881 Jan 22, 2021, 06:14 am
Last Post: dueda