Relying on Install Manager to update whatever products you have installed?
(Aug 21, 2016, 18:32 pm)Dipole-Dipole Wrote:
(Aug 21, 2016, 16:17 pm)ISelf Wrote:
(Aug 21, 2016, 15:06 pm)ThunderHerd Wrote: I guess the description was too long with all the product blurbs. Anyway, here is Victoria 7 Pro Bundle from my friend Ovalone.

DAZ3D Victoria 7 Pro Bundle

Does this one have the updated DAZ4.9 materials for Victoria? Or it's just a re-post of the old torrent?

(Aug 21, 2016, 17:24 pm)ThunderHerd Wrote: Re-post. I thought that was clear. Torrent created 26-Jun-2015, so I'll assume it's the original. AFAIK there were no torrents with an updated version.

Will it not update automatically through DIM? Well not automatically but you should be able to download and install updates through DIM if you install the base package with the install manager. I think...

Someone once claimed that they relied on Install Manager to update whatever products they had installed. I thought that was pretty risky, seeing as you are using your valid DAZ3D account to reveal stuff you haven't obtained from them legitimately. Even if there is no validation process, it wouldn't be hard to flag on their end. If they care...
(Aug 21, 2016, 22:14 pm)ThunderHerd Wrote:

Someone once claimed that they relied on Install Manager to update whatever products they had installed. I thought that was pretty risky, seeing as you are using your valid DAZ3D account to reveal stuff you haven't obtained from them legitimately. Even if there is no validation process, it wouldn't be hard to flag on their end. If they care...

I've done it for years without any negative effects. I don't think they care to be honest. But to each their own...
Wait...Install Manager is updating stuff you don't own?

It will update something you've bought if you've previously installed an acquired copy, but it doesn't add things to your account, to my knoweldge.
(Aug 22, 2016, 03:27 am)beaglebandit Wrote: Wait...Install Manager is updating stuff you don't own?

It will update something you've bought if you've previously installed an acquired copy, but it doesn't add things to your account, to my knoweldge.

No, in my experience IM will update anything you actually own, but it doesn't seem to react to anything else.

Bearing in mind Daz3D released a standalone program to create your own IM-friendly installations (Content Package Assist), it seems unlikely that IM itself would report anything back to Daz3D, since it would have to report user-created IM installations as well. Add to that the fact that any report from IM would likely be in the form of a log-file that would have to be checked, this further adds unlikeliness to the idea that IM actually reports anything back to Daz.
(Aug 22, 2016, 04:16 am)De4lt Wrote:
(Aug 22, 2016, 03:27 am)beaglebandit Wrote: Wait...Install Manager is updating stuff you don't own?

No, in my experience IM will update anything you actually own, but it doesn't seem to react to anything else.

Bearing in mind Daz3D released a standalone program to create your own IM-friendly installations (Content Package Assist), it seems unlikely that IM itself would report anything back to Daz3D, since it would have to report user-created IM installations as well. Add to that the fact that any report from IM would likely be in the form of a log-file that would have to be checked, this further adds unlikeliness to the idea that IM actually reports anything back to Daz.

The best way to check it would be to run wireshark and see if the IM is calling home, but I agree it would be unlikely.

And @ThunderHerd
The Bethany is already online and I'm seeding it every night, there are someone downloading it already and I'll keep it online for as long as I can do, but I'll try to revive the others using your thread, it will be better.
No, I know DIM doesn't call home. I just don't know what @Dipole-Dipole is talking about.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spoiled 3D products. Tesco 8 31,585 Aug 12, 2020, 10:36 am
Last Post: Tesco
  How do I install content via application? Acoria 5 28,173 Aug 20, 2018, 21:38 pm
Last Post: mrposter
  I have completely destroyed my Daz content file folders. vanteal 6 31,148 Aug 20, 2018, 21:23 pm
Last Post: mrposter
  Have a problem with installing the DAZ3D Torrent file. Can anyone help? Gustavs14 1 17,270 Mar 21, 2017, 04:05 am
Last Post: akizz