QuipTracks is trying to go PWYW
This blows my mind a little. Nice you see you here!

I am only a big fan of a few iRiff teams and you guys are one of them!! You guys are extremely funny and incredibly good at writing jokes. Thanks for all the laughs. I'll definitely be buying some!
(Aug 03, 2020, 23:32 pm)WakkoBlues Wrote: This blows my mind a little.  Nice you see you here!

I am only a big fan of a few iRiff teams and you guys are one of them!!  You guys are extremely funny and incredibly good at writing jokes.  Thanks for all the laughs.  I'll definitely be buying some!

Thank you so much! Honestly, this forum seems a lot livelier than the official iRiff one.
Fun to see you here. You guys do great work, my favorite iriff group for sure!

(Aug 02, 2020, 13:27 pm)somethingcalledapogue Wrote: Since I mentioned captions/subtitles in the original post, let me get you guys' opinion on something: If you're watching a riff with captions for both the movie and jokes and there's a joke based on mishearing a line of dialog, would you rather the captions be accurate to the movie, or spelled phonetically as we hear it?

Yeah, that's tricky. My vote would be to include two subs options: one for the movie which are as accurate as possible. Then a second option with both the jokes and the movie lines, with the phonetic mishearings. When I prepare my releases, I watch/listen to the movie with riffs, but have normal subs going to make corrections to them as needed, and it really hurts the riff experience to read the correct dialogue then hear a riff based on a mishearing. So when watching the riff, I'd really prefer "wrong" subs.

But then it's nice to include the correct subs too, in case people are watching the normal movie version...or just want to understand what the dialogue was actually supposed to be.

Maybe there's an elegant way to use a different color or styling to subtly highlight portions of subs which are mishearings. Give the phonetic, wrong text, but in a way to indicate that it's wrong? May be more distracting that helpful though, I don't know...
(Aug 02, 2020, 13:27 pm)somethingcalledapogue Wrote: Since I mentioned captions/subtitles in the original post, let me get you guys' opinion on something: If you're watching a riff with captions for both the movie and jokes and there's a joke based on mishearing a line of dialog, would you rather the captions be accurate to the movie, or spelled phonetically as we hear it?

For example: In The Lake House, a character says something that sounds like "I can't get to seventeen until at least next week" and we respond "Why does the senate need to be here?" because the way he mumbles it, it sounds like "I can't get the senate here." So should that be captioned as the script intended or like it sounds?

Something like "[MUMBLES] I can't get to seventeen until at least next week", would be fine. I don't think you want to get into the business of explaining the jokes in the captions.
I'm late to this here thread - but I just want to second (third, fourth) what's already been said - I am a huge fan of QuipTracks and the work they do. I think it is the only riff-company that I've paid (or paid back) for every single riff. They are 1000% (that's 100% x 10) worth supporting in any way you can.

Whoops banana peel to you all.
(Oct 27, 2020, 13:21 pm)Rowsdower Wrote: I'm late to this here thread - but I just want to second (third, fourth) what's already been said - I am a huge fan of QuipTracks and the work they do. I think it is the only riff-company that I've paid (or paid back) for every single riff. They are 1000% (that's 100% x 10) worth supporting in any way you can.

Whoops banana peel to you all.

Thank you for the kind words!

I just wanted to post an update here that all the main QuipTracks releases back through Abduction have download links:

The Perfect Weapon (2016)
Alone in the Dark
The Christmas Shoes
In the Name of the King 2
Jumper
The Lake House
The Covenant
Paycheck
Abduction

I'm not adding them to the Alt-Track for ITNOTK2, because it was originally a Patreon reward, but I'm not gonna get on your case if you spread it around either.
Tracy from QuipTracks here!

Did you know we're streaming riffs and other fun events on Twitch now? Tonight at 6:30 MST, we're showing our riff of The Perfect Weapon, starring a life-like inflatable Steven Seagal! We're still trying to get 50 followers at the moment, so pop by if you can and join us for the riff that the director of the movie (no joke) called a "lovely insult."

Twitch.tv/orderoftheleague
I'm generally not much of a streaming guy, but I've definitely enjoyed and try to catch as many streams as I can. Except the ones at like noon on sunday because I've apparently become a vampire
Thanks to Badfilms you have to catch Conner's Freudian slip at the beginning of the 'Talkin Rifftrax' for Merlin's Shopof Mystical Wonders.
https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-Rifftra...on?page=15

Maybe the Rifftrax writers are seeking true inspiration?
(Jan 06, 2021, 00:34 am)ArdeduDadala Wrote: Thanks to Badfilms you have to catch Conner's Freudian slip at the beginning of the 'Talkin Rifftrax' for Merlin's Shopof Mystical Wonders.
https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-Rifftra...on?page=15

Maybe the Rifftrax writers are seeking true inspiration?

That's funny! Sounds like he might have said "CripTracks," though. Hopefully that doesn't spark conflict with BloodTrax.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [REQ] QuipTracks - The Perfect Weapon (2016) JusSonic 20 19,479 Dec 28, 2023, 01:24 am
Last Post: Taddghostal
  The Christmas Shoes (QuipTracks) (low bitrate encode and sync to Blu-ray) BudgetBits 2 5,632 Dec 30, 2022, 01:11 am
Last Post: WongHungLo
  [REQ] QuipTracks - Alone in the Dark and Drawback Productions - Hard to Kill JusSonic 17 31,072 May 21, 2022, 03:04 am
Last Post: Meat Trademark
  Mission Impossible II (QuipTracks) resynced audio & low bitrate encode BudgetBits 4 9,837 Aug 03, 2021, 10:17 am
Last Post: Meat Trademark
  1/17 QuipTracks VS Airbender somethingcalledapogue 3 10,654 Jan 17, 2021, 20:20 pm
Last Post: somethingcalledapogue