Playing .avi files - getting Cinavia messages
I just bought this used Aquos 60L LCD TV, and I'm supposed to be using the Aquos Blu Ray player that powers my 5.1 speaker system, but it doesn't play discs. It shuts off during the movie. I think it needs a new laser.

So I'm using a Samsung BD-H5100. I plug a flash drive in it which has .avi files on it, and that's how we're watching movies right now. During some of the movies I get a Cinavia message saying the content is protected and not authorized on my device, and the audio is muted. This is obviously not a problem with all torrents, so I can just download a different file and watch that.

Can anyone recommend a fix for this so it doesn't happen at all? Is there a good Blu Ray player that will not do this? I'm assuming the software for this is in the player, and not in my TV. Or is it in the TV?

Also, I plan to connect my TV to my router, or modem, as soon as I buy a cable. Will an internet connection on the TV cause me a problem? I'm wondering if my TV can report what I'm watching to content police, like a distributor or a studio that owns the movie. My Aquos doesn't have wi-fi. It is a model before that feature.

I should probably be using an Android box for what I'm doing now. I haven't bought one, and I don't have an ideal model in mind. Is there a pirate's favorite in Android boxes? I don't have any storage right now connected to my TV, since I just got it, and I've never had a DVR or a media PC connected to my previous TVs. My last TV was a 27" Wega, which was fortunately picked up from the roadside by a junk collector. It worked fine, but I'm glad it's gone. This new used TV is great.

It would be great if I had a device with VLC in it to watch .avi files. Maybe an Android box would do that. I really don't want to spend $500+ to build a media PC for this.

If anyone can help me out with some suggestions or explanations, thank you!
I'm not familiar with new players, but I think that the Blu Ray player might have some protection that uses Cinavia on all devices/discs you put. It's an educated guess.

Have you tried using a Kodi box or some TV media player?

EDIT: OK, I'm stupid. You just said Android box. Duh!

But dumbassness aside, you can try the latest version DVDFab. It might be able to help you with that, be it a DVD, Blu Ray, or just a computer file.

EDIT: My second guess might be that the guy who ripped your movie did a poor job. I don't chastise people who release stuff, but facts are facts.

For every AVI file you download, did you make sure that the file plays after the twenty-minute-or-so mark?

Try this as well: https://cinaviafix.com/
Thank you, Robert. After posting that I went on eBay and bought a Kodi box for $15. It has a USB port.

Also, I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000, which accepts VPN software. I would install it now, but my modem is rented from my ISP, and it's junk. I have to restart it all the time. It affects my browsing experience the same way as overloaded RAM. Once I get a new Netgear modem I'll install the VPN in the router. Then I'll connect the TV to the router instead of the modem so the TV will be protected from discovery, and if it reports anything to anyone, my location and ID won't be known. I hope it works that way. I'm not an IT guy, so I hope this would be the right way to hook it up. The TV doesn't have wi-fi.

the Kodi box is really hated by DRM people, so it must be good!
$15? Can you provide a link of where it came from for me?

Here in Canada, you're lucky if you can buy scraps of food for $15.
I bought one of these, but I think I should have done a little more research. It looks like the use of a keyboard for internet use is an extra feature.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4...cat=168058

eBay cancelled that order. I don't know what happened. I ordered this one instead, and it comes with a keyboard:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MXQ-Pro-3D-Medi...Desc=0%7C0

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Converting movies to DVD files using ConvertXtoDVD: Temperature too high? RobertX 7 7,812 Oct 13, 2023, 10:26 am
Last Post: rezwaki
  Windows 7 gets error when used to copy files to or from a Linux computer RobertX 18 43,785 Aug 22, 2022, 15:44 pm
Last Post: Slow Mo
  I need help with moving files on Windows 10 cooltwou 8 23,600 Oct 27, 2019, 14:13 pm
Last Post: waregim
  playing pirated movies on Apple TV Pinerello 13 41,737 Jul 21, 2018, 11:18 am
Last Post: martsycart
  TV Video Files Won't Run steve_sensei 3 17,528 Sep 21, 2016, 14:17 pm
Last Post: fiveofseven