Peer downloading torrents endlessly
With two torrents I've created, there is a peer who has been downloading them endlessly for many hours.  The torrents are small; the data they have downloaded is many, many times the torrent size.  Their progress is always reported at 0%.

They are always using the same IP address, but with different ports.  Sometimes they use the same port for both torrents; other times they use different ports.  They always report using µTorrent 3.4.9.

What is the most likely reason for this?
It most likely might be an amazon peer that might be collecting your info, I suggest banning those peers or leaving the torrent if it is well seeded.
Their torrent client could be hacked or malfunctioning. Pause seeding to them, or stop and restart, and if the figures still say 0%, ban them. If you post a link (or magnet link) to the torrents in question, someone from this forum will try downloading them from you to test everything is as it should be.
Something on their end could be modifying or deleting the downloaded data causing the client to re-download the modified or deleted parts.
A modified version of uTorrent also has a feature like that.
It can send a status of 0% repeatedly and be listed as downloader steadily.
It can also send a 100% status to appear as seeder.
These are the torrents:

Sanya Bodysuit Tease:

Sanya Loves Control:

The peer is gone for now, after having downloaded over 5 GB of data with the first torrent and over 3 GB of data with the second torrent.

This occurred hours after I posted a comment on YouTube with a magnet URI of the second torrent.  I wondered if this peer had come from there.  YouTube has been deleting Sanya's videos; I have been releasing some of them on BitTorrent so people can get them.  They are tame, but being based in America, YouTube is incredibly prudish. Smile
Dont post torrent links on youtube. Its an open invitation for swarm polluters to collect as much info they can in order to send pay or else letters.
So, the first URL has 3 videos in it, and the second has 2. ALL of them are mis-named.
In the first URL the first video is an mp4. All of the rest are described as VP90, and this is
some ggoogle codec thats been around awhile(?)...
but they don't play here.
I shall limit my editorial to idiot posting.
NotchJ Wrote:So, the first URL has 3 videos in it, and the second has 2. ALL of them are mis-named.
In the first URL the first video is an mp4. All of the rest are described as VP90, and this is
some ggoogle codec thats been around awhile(?)...
but they don't play here.
I shall limit my editorial to idiot posting.

All of them are Matroska video files.  I just checked them with a hex editor, and confirmed that they are in that format.

VP9 is a new codec developed by Google.  Make sure you have the necessary codecs installed.

This has happened again with another torrent I've just created:

A peer stayed at 0.3%, downloading it endlessly.  I tried banning them, and they returned on other IPs.

Spud17 edited Oct 25, 2018 03:41 am this post because:

IP addresses removed from post. There may be a good reason why some users seem to download endlessly (a malfunctioning client for example), but that's no reason to post their IP's on a public forum. Wink

Make a script to monitor downloaders and auto-ban (for 24h or so) whoever has download speed too low (like <1Kbps) and or stays long without increase (like 5 minutes with just 5KB completion rate gain).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need advice for mass downloading Sizzle 12 2,357 Jan 22, 2024, 18:48 pm
Last Post: maskaw
  Would I be safe downloading this torrent without a vpn? Ladyanne3 12 2,663 Dec 31, 2023, 09:51 am
Last Post: CaptButler
  Downloading paywalled content Mr.Raccoon 5 3,866 Oct 02, 2023, 19:02 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Need Help downloading videos from radiopedia.org Pirate_Sam 4 8,495 Aug 31, 2022, 13:33 pm
Last Post: Pirate_Sam
  Downloading torrents and despite VPN being turned on, I got two notices from windstre guiri 29 37,346 Aug 07, 2020, 23:49 pm
Last Post: BigDadE