need advice for mass downloading
(Jan 21, 2024, 16:14 pm)maskaw Wrote: A statement backed by... "trust me bro" ?

What do you even know anyway?  You obviously don't take things seriously and have no idea what's been going on recently.  Maybe you need to go and educate yourself over the matter like others here at SuprBay also need to do the same.  You can tell when people don't follow what's happening, very serious matters are coming in the world of Crypto and you, obviously, have no idea at all as per usual.  Next time, maybe pay attention instead of just treating everything like a big joke when the joke is on you.  My post was a reply to the OP, not you..
When Rodney is actually trolling it's pretty obvious, because frankly, he isn't that good at it.  I do not see that he is trolling here.  He may not be an ideal messenger for warning of the dangers of crypto, but that alone doesn't mean he's wrong.  In fact, he's simply stating in brief what others far more knowledgeable of such matters have been saying at length for years now. 

I'm well aware that a total crypto collapse has been predicted for years now, but the fact that it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it's not coming.  Market fundamentals have a way of winning out in the end over the strongest of enthusiasms, sometimes with quite dire consequences.  The bigger the bubble, the bigger the bust.

I figure what can be said about crypto goes at least double for NFTs.  Dump that shit now!
Cryptocurrencies in their pure form are the best mean of transferring value that has ever been developed so far. The ability to send/receive value without a bank in the middle, and at the same time overcoming the double-spending problem is a breakthrough.

The mean of storing and transforming data on a public blockchain (smart-contracts), based on the algorithmic consensus of all involved parties is another breakthrough technology.

Bitcoin is volatile in short term, because it's not as liquid and regulated as securities on Open Market, but it always outperformed in the long run due to it's scarcity and utility. It is regarded as 'digital gold'.

As for smart-contracts, in future there will be CBDCs. They work in a similar fashion as stablecoins, except they're controlled by a central bank. Some have already launched CBDCs in pilot stage.

Quote:Market fundamentals have a way of winning out in the end over the strongest of enthusiasms, sometimes with quite dire consequences. [...] I figure what can be said about crypto goes at least double for NFTs.

True. Not all projects have bright future. Dogecoin or NFTs in current form as pictures of monkeys are total speculation and money laundering.

But stating cryptocurrencies or their technology in general will go bust is nonsensical and unfounded. It's like waiting for that 'great depression' Peter Lynch had been talking about in his conferences.

We regress too much from original thread though. I will argue no further.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would I be safe downloading this torrent without a vpn? Ladyanne3 12 2,987 Dec 31, 2023, 09:51 am
Last Post: CaptButler
  Downloading paywalled content Mr.Raccoon 5 4,158 Oct 02, 2023, 19:02 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Need Help downloading videos from radiopedia.org Pirate_Sam 4 8,662 Aug 31, 2022, 13:33 pm
Last Post: Pirate_Sam
  Advice on installing MS Office Torrent? FloodTheWaves 8 10,813 May 03, 2022, 06:24 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Need advice on how to pirate 2 things. LadyAnn2 9 14,679 Jul 30, 2021, 12:33 pm
Last Post: LadyAnn2