Of all the things to be called a racist for...
(Jul 05, 2020, 11:20 am)ill88eagle Wrote:
(Jul 03, 2020, 14:04 pm)LZA Wrote: Also, the media is leftist, and the media wants to drum up any trouble they can so they can report on it, including racism. But they cannot create anything if you see through the intentions.  The media is just trying to amp up people to get mad about something. I wish more people saw that...

Again, I must object to the usage of the word leftist here. Amping up people to get mad is not particularly leftist. One could argue unity and solidarity was. While trolling for viewers (or replies) is just void level retardation...

Now, to get this all back on topic, there is no claim to be made that homeschooling alone does a racist make. But I can imagine Shaniqua thinking "DAS RACIST!" upon seeing all the Karens with time and resources to educate their kids at home pull their white kids out of school. And arguably, homeschooling your kid is a privilege few black mommas have. So I can see where the resentiment is coming from. And arguably pulling out privileged kids from public schools creates a negative dynamic much like the housing dynamic mentioned in above video, which leaves the underprivileged with the shitty education.  

Here's a lefty idea: Put all the mommas who wanna homeschool their kids on a pay roll of at least minimum wage corresponding to the amount of hours they spend teaching their kids. That would even out the score a bit...

Or, real radical left idea here: Turn the schools into state paid but autonomous cooperatives owned and run by parrents and teachers alike in flat democratic structures.

Oh I agree, I'm just using it like everyone else is. Especially now since the "leftists" seem to be off the wall. But that's not to say what mainstream considers the "right" to be any better,or any less evil.

My point is made by your Void comment. I truly believe it is the media who is acting like a void poster by inventing things that arent there to complain about, JUST so they have things to report on. The "first, not facts" narrative. Even the COVID 19 shit (while a real thing) is highly embellished so the news gets worries people to tune IN. They make mountains into molehills to get "likes" or pos reps" so to speak. I say leftist since they are lopsided to a way of thinking that is generally described as leftist thinking nowadays.

IMHO, I want equality for all (all void aside), but really, I don't want people's truths to necessarily become mine. Live your life and I'll live mine. But I believe the media is cultivating a culture of the outrage of people who attack others who don't believe a theory that on the surface is good for all. The media love the controversy because it gives them something to report.

I really think OP should he what he/she wants with his/her kid, and its nobodies else's business. somehow, somewhere, it became OK to have opinions=facts, and the media manipulates that to fit the narrative....

If it keeps going, it won't matter, we'll all be commies anyway.
Curious about how you're teaching with learning disability.
I have been to a talk by Jack Greenberg ( a coauthor of Brown v Board) where there were Black educators who had nothing good to say about integration. Back then there were great and inspiring Black teachers within their own communities who knew how to relate to their younger folk.

Multiculturalism isnt what its cracked up to be.
Life aint Hollywood.

(Jul 07, 2020, 05:31 am)dueda Wrote: Curious about how you're teaching with learning disability.

IIRC Homeshollers have a fairly laid out curricula they are expected to follow. And as most of the sources are online, there is very little the parent needs to 'teach'.

These days entire college courses are taught and graded online with instructors only exchanging a few emails. For the more gregarious ones.

Be aware that learning disabilities do not correlate with intelligence. Some absolutely brilliant people are dyslexic, for example.
I have had students who were absolutely brilliant, but who could not pass a test.
Yet a learning disability would make it hard to get an updated curriculum and explain it, solve exercises, etc?
Intelligence is the process, but learning in the entry; without proper input and sorting out information, how can one crunch data, design and output proper answers to the pupil's needs?
Let's not forget:

(Jun 27, 2020, 01:01 am)soulcity Wrote:
(Jun 24, 2020, 16:17 pm)RobertX Wrote: soulcity, what drove you to do that?
I've got a long list of things that have made me angry. However, the straw that broke the camel's back is all these idiot companies supporting BLM.
(Jul 08, 2020, 06:40 am)ill88eagle Wrote: Let's not forget:

(Jun 27, 2020, 01:01 am)soulcity Wrote: all these idiot companies supporting BLM.

And from another thread:

(Jul 05, 2020, 10:52 am)soulcity Wrote: I took off my jacket and showed off my Confederate T-shirt.

Not condoning the activities of nosy busybodies, but there does seem their concern is somewhat warranted.
(Jul 08, 2020, 06:32 am)dueda Wrote: Yet a learning disability would make it hard to get an updated curriculum and explain it, solve exercises, etc?

To get my brain ready for thinking I always take 3 Prozacs, 2 Ritalins and then hook up the electrodes to my brain and give myself electric shock therapy.

//End of Sarcasm

I have a learning disability and that doesn't make me mentally handicapped or a moron.
I'm very capable of asking for help when there's something I can't understand.

(Jul 08, 2020, 09:36 am)Moe Wrote: soulcityI took off my jacket and showed off my Confederate T-shirt.

Not condoning the activities of nosy busybodies, but there does seem their concern is somewhat warranted.

1. I didn't do it near my home

2. It's called Freedom of Speech and I'm not backing down

3. The Confederate flag has been part of the South's history and culture since the 1860s and I grew up with it.  I'm not going to back down to some neo-hippie trying to practice cancel culture.
(Jul 08, 2020, 10:32 am)soulcity Wrote: I'm not going to back down to some neo-hippie trying to practice cancel culture.

Doesn't he/she have a right to freedom of speech too?
(Jul 08, 2020, 10:36 am)ill88eagle Wrote:
(Jul 08, 2020, 10:32 am)soulcity Wrote: I'm not going to back down to some neo-hippie trying to practice cancel culture.

Doesn't he/she have a right to freedom of speech too?

I'm not stopping anyone from expressing anything they want.  But freedom of speech doesn't give anyone the right to scream in my face or demand that my employer fire me.
Did you see last's nights What Would You Do?, where the actor went into a store with the confederate battle flag and a black actor publically questioned him? I saw the commercials but not that segment.

I have to say I agree with both of you. She has the right to dispute your right to wear it, but the cancel part (involving your boss and your livelihood ) is 100000% WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Yu have the right to get pisses they called you out, and they have the right to be triggered. We all have to find a way to take care of ourselves and not get angry because changing others minds can be an impossibility.

I think that the flag and statues should stay, because if we don;t remember our history we will have no point of reference to better ourselves. ALSO, are we better people or bigger shitheads by erasing what was done and pretending it never hapened??? I say we need to own our foolishness...

HAving said that, I'll never wear a confederate flag or a swastika for that matter, since IRL (despite what you read), I do know that there are those who are truly offended and or triggered and, it means so little to me I can lie and say I'm a better person for not being selfish (but I really don't wanna hear it)

Same with COVID masks... some say yes and some say no to wearing. I think the media overblew it and masks may not be as necessary, but I wear it because it's the less panicky thing to do. I've gotten into arguments because that's a sell-out move... but in a battle, you can't win? again, I just don't wanna hear it.

In this culture, feel free to wear it, but in this culture, you can't really be shocked people are offended, are you? Another is the BLM movement. I disagree with the organization because they are Marxists, but thinking people wanting others to know BLM I can agree with. They are saying "remember all of us"... If BLM, then ALL lives matter so the thought is decent. Canceling cops and the political BS is stupid.  Kinda like I wonder if they thought you didn't care about lives because you wore that flag???

I can go on and, on, but IRL, I just wanna be left the fuck alone. Even conversing, here I can say what I think but some people IRK don't get it. Context clues show tat no matter how much logic, people will think Ideals are identities, and even with your best of intentions, you'll be deemed a racist since you wear something in an attempt not to favor racism or even the south, but that you are going to wear what you wanna. The media and last place trophy fags will convolute it not to make a point, but to show that ALL that think different are EVIL..

Sorry... World we live in now...I picked a bad time to get sober...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need advice on how to pirate 2 things. LadyAnn2 9 14,512 Jul 30, 2021, 12:33 pm
Last Post: LadyAnn2
  Favorite things to do ( besides computing ) LZA 12 31,001 Nov 12, 2019, 05:24 am
Last Post: dueda
  The world has gone insane over so called racism joew771 9 18,861 Nov 04, 2017, 07:34 am
Last Post: LZA
  TPB finds things but I can't download them timothychilman 32 51,946 Feb 23, 2016, 15:41 pm
Last Post: Moe
  good things about piracy midas 16 31,206 Aug 03, 2015, 21:17 pm
Last Post: RobertX