Of all the things to be called a racist for...
(Aug 01, 2020, 02:41 am)LZA Wrote:
(Aug 01, 2020, 01:37 am)hyp Wrote: Have you ever told someone you are not racist because you have minority friends and listen to rap? I can't say what they would do, but I can say I'd laugh in your face. I do not think you're racist, but you listening to rap is not a reason for that, though perhaps you can understand black culture better from it.

I'm of the boat of people who would argue that (prima facie) ignorance isn't a valid excuse for racism, however I will say with certainty that one cannot use ignorance as an excuse for racism for oneself. Once again, not that I would say that you are racist, just that you cannot use ignorance as an excuse because the very act of acknowledging it proves that you are aware of it.
Oh, I'm saying in general now... not before I was aware of how others thought. I would also NEVER say to others that "I have black friends" because that's condescending and is a stupid thing to say... I was ignorant at one time, but now that I know, I can never go back. And when I say ignorant I mean saying things not knowing how I can come off... Like OP saying that instead of schools being bad, she tries to build her point by saying the blacks are bad in schools, (in school, the low-class white trash are just as much if not MORE trouble). even before no matter what slurs I may have said, I truly don't hate anyone just because of how they look. you have to piss me off for me to think of insults. just today, me and my Puerto Rican neighbor were complaining about the WHITE guy who is STILL setting of F-ing fireworks at night lie a goddammed inbred redneck... so Either I'm a self hating whiter or I don;t care... It's also easier to sound racist on a forum when you are invisible with no accountability. I use slurs as a way to outrage or joke but would never say it IRL... Some may say that I'm a racist but also a punk... That would be true if I thought that way. If that guy qiiksand realy thinks the way he thinks and doesn't walk the walk IRL then he is a punk... again, I just don;t care enough to hate anyone without knowing their character

and PS: when I talk about rap, the only thing I'll mention is that it was from about 88-2008,,, That mumble rap or Drake is NOT rap and considered BS. but I don't tell people "hey, I listen to rap" we have to already be having a convo about it
Oh okay I get you now, and I agree mumble rap is trash. But if you don't listen to rap past 2008 does that mean you've not heard any Kendrick Lamar? IMO he is the most talented rapper to come to the scene after Eminem when he was in his prime (2004ish). I highly recommend you listen to his DAMN. album, it's what i'm listening to right now. It was the first album ever that wasn't jazz or classical to win a Pulitzer prize. Quite a big achievement and it lives up to the hype.
(Jun 30, 2020, 23:36 pm)soulcity Wrote: I've got a daughter and after some problems I made the decision to homeschool her. I've been doing it now for almost 3 years and my child is light years ahead of other children her age.  Honestly, I've no regrets about abandoning the school system.

Well....

Myself and several other homeschooling parents have been singled out for special attention by a newly formed community civil rights group.  I got hand delivered a letter today explaining to me that I'm doing my child an injustice and that I'm setting her up to become racist.  Lordy, now I've heard (read) everything!  I'm not teaching my child to hate anyone based on the color of their skin.  In fact I'm teaching her to avoid people based on what they do and what kind of drama they can create. 

The world has literally gone insane.

I think the choice to homeschool your child or not should be solely your decision and others should just mind their own business
(Aug 01, 2020, 01:37 am)hyp Wrote: I may not be a racist in an evil sense, but more of a racist by ignorance.

Sorry but there's no such thing as "racist by ignorance."

(Jul 31, 2020, 14:01 pm)LZA Wrote: I guess racism perceived is racism achieved.

Let me ask you this...

When you think about your hard earned money and the money you have to pay in taxes, who do you want to see benefit from it?

Do you want to see rotting whiners who never make any effort, who don't have the the ability of a janitor, but still demand the income of a corporate CEO?

People who drift from failure to failure and expect you to pay their bills, who hold their wishing as an equivalent of your work and their need as a higher claim to reward than your effort, who demand that you serve them, who demand that it be the aim of your life to serve them, who demand that your strength be the voiceless, rightless, unpaid, unrewarded slave of their impotence, who proclaim that you are born to serfdom by reason of your genius, while they are born to rule by the grace of incompetence, that yours is only to give, but theirs only to take, that yours is to produce, but theirs to consume, that you are not to be paid, neither in matter nor in spirit, neither by wealth nor by recognition nor by respect nor by gratitude

so that they would benefit from your hard work and sneer at you and curse you, since they owe you nothing, not even the courtesy of saying "thank you?"

Is this be what you want?

(Aug 01, 2020, 06:28 am)pillowtalk Wrote: I think the choice to homeschool your child or not should be solely your decision and others should just mind their own business

Thanks!
I've seen a video on what the schools are going to be like this year and there is no way in hell I would send any kid to one.
(Aug 01, 2020, 18:41 pm)soulcity Wrote:
(Aug 01, 2020, 01:37 am)hyp Wrote: I may not be a racist in an evil sense, but more of a racist by ignorance.

Sorry but there's no such thing as "racist by ignorance."

I believe there can be, a perceived racist from saying things that arent meant to be but come off are... Did you tell these people who called you a racist all of what you told us? if so, and you say you aren't racist then you may be a racist by ignorance or by accident. If there is really no hate in your heart, but these things come out. Maybe you don't realize that the words you say come off as racist? More than one person told you that's how it sounded.

(Aug 01, 2020, 18:41 pm)soulcity Wrote:
(Jul 31, 2020, 14:01 pm)LZA Wrote: I guess racism perceived is racism achieved.

Let me ask you this...

When you think about your hard earned money and the money you have to pay in taxes, who do you want to see benefit from it?

Do you want to see rotting whiners who never make any effort, who don't have the the ability of a janitor, but still demand the income of a corporate CEO?

People who drift from failure to failure and expect you to pay their bills, who hold their wishing as an equivalent of your work and their need as a higher claim to reward than your effort, who demand that you serve them, who demand that it be the aim of your life to serve them, who demand that your strength be the voiceless, rightless, unpaid, unrewarded slave of their impotence, who proclaim that you are born to serfdom by reason of your genius, while they are born to rule by the grace of incompetence, that yours is only to give, but theirs only to take, that yours is to produce, but theirs to consume, that you are not to be paid, neither in matter nor in spirit, neither by wealth nor by recognition nor by respect nor by gratitude

so that they would benefit from your hard work and sneer at you and curse you, since they owe you nothing, not even the courtesy of saying "thank you?"

Is this be what you want?

As part of being in a community, I agree we should take care of all people. But that's just about as far as the communism thoughts go. if you don;t give people who have not, they will turn into monsters and you'll really have something to complain about... And I don't mean just blacks... desperation comes in all colors... white people have to eat too...

and as much as I've worked in my life, I never complained about taxes... It'd just part of it. As much OT as I'd work, and one time my check barely went up after a raise due to taxes. I would complain about money squandering, etc.. and yes, there are people who make a career of getting benefits and demand more. Those people would upset me, but I thought they were too dumb to know better or how to make a living on their own... White trash mind you (since this thread is about racism). but people who need it should have it. and you never know who will go on it. I've been on it more than once. so I get why and appreciate that it's there, but TBH I hate having to have received it, but that's me.

but to your point about racism, not all blacks are evil monsters, not al people on welfare are lazy. it's not as black and white as that... like my hair, my sight is changing to the older I get the more grey I see.
Although I don't agree with everything soulcity says, I don't think she's a racist at all.

She is opinionated, but not racist. Believe me, I've met worst racists back in the day (and at one point have been one), but they are worse than her in terms of character.

I think the issue at hand, or at least based on what she wants to say, is that she's tired of taboo.
(Aug 01, 2020, 19:39 pm)LZA Wrote: As part of being in a community, I agree we should take care of all people. But that's just about as far as the communism thoughts go. if you don;t give people who have not, they will turn into monsters and you'll really have something to complain about... And I don't mean just blacks... desperation comes in all colors... white people have to eat too...

and as much as I've worked in my life, I never complained about taxes... It'd just part of it. As much OT as I'd work, and one time my check barely went up after a raise due to taxes. I would complain about money squandering, etc.. and yes, there are people who make a career of getting benefits and demand more. Those people would upset me, but I thought they were too dumb to know better or how to make a living on their own... White trash mind you (since this thread is about racism). but people who need it should have it. and you never know who will go on it. I've been on it more than once. so I get why and appreciate that it's there, but TBH I hate having to have received it, but that's me.

but to your point about racism, not all blacks are evil monsters, not al people on welfare are lazy. it's not as black and white as that... like my hair, my sight is changing to the older I get the more grey I see.

The reason I asked you that question is because :

1. I have no problem giving someone a hand up and I've got no problem with charity. However, I don't want some damn government bureaucrat mandating that I've got to give up the money that I worked hard for. I want to make the decision as to who I help

2. I've got no problem paying my fair share of taxes to support things like good roads, a police force and a military. However, I draw the line at things like paying for the medical care of some overweight slob that believes gravy is a soft drink or cancer patient that's smoked a pack a day for the last 20 years.

3. Today the vast majority of people screaming RAciSM are either good for nothing lazy bums that could work but refuse to. Or, are entitled upper middle class white college students. Or, are Marxists that have figured out how to cause mass hysteria for profit and power.

(Aug 01, 2020, 20:34 pm)RobertX Wrote: I think the issue at hand, or at least based on what she wants to say, is that she's tired of taboo.

Damn straight!
I will speak my mind and like the things that I like and I don't care who it offends or what they call me.

If someone is so busy being offended about what I said or what I'm wearing then they need to learn to mind their own business OR GET A JOB because they obviously have too much time and nothing better to do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need advice on how to pirate 2 things. LadyAnn2 9 14,498 Jul 30, 2021, 12:33 pm
Last Post: LadyAnn2
  Favorite things to do ( besides computing ) LZA 12 30,989 Nov 12, 2019, 05:24 am
Last Post: dueda
  The world has gone insane over so called racism joew771 9 18,852 Nov 04, 2017, 07:34 am
Last Post: LZA
  TPB finds things but I can't download them timothychilman 32 51,902 Feb 23, 2016, 15:41 pm
Last Post: Moe
  good things about piracy midas 16 31,189 Aug 03, 2015, 21:17 pm
Last Post: RobertX