No access to torrents
I've used TPB for years. But not lately. I'm Sad a senior citizen, that knows just enough to be dangerous. I've been trying to download a few torrents, and I get no where after I pick one? Just goes to annoying ads? What am I doing wrong?
(Jan 27, 2024, 18:33 pm)tmkowalski Wrote: I've used TPB for years. But not lately. I'm Sad a senior citizen, that knows just enough to be dangerous. I've been trying to download a few torrents, and I get no where after I pick one? Just goes to annoying ads? What am I doing wrong?

If you're looking to avoid ads, I highly recommend using ublock.

When you visit https://thepiratebay.org/index.html, you'll notice that it features magnet links. When you click on one, it will automatically open your preferred torrent client. One commonly suggested torrent client is qBittorrent.

Using a VPN is highly recommended unless you reside in a third world country, primarily because of copyright issues.
I have Bittorrent and UTorrent, and I use IpVanish. When I click on magnet link, it goes to junk ads etc. Do I have to link torrent to TPB, somehow?
(Jan 28, 2024, 14:17 pm)tmkowalski Wrote: I have Bittorrent and UTorrent, and I use IpVanish. When I click on magnet link, it goes to junk ads etc. Do I have to link torrent to TPB, somehow?

Ads pay for The Pirate Bay, you don't like the Ads, use a Ad-blocker
(Jan 28, 2024, 14:17 pm)tmkowalski Wrote: I have Bittorrent and UTorrent, and I use IpVanish. When I click on magnet link, it goes to junk ads etc. Do I have to link torrent to TPB, somehow?

*sigh*

Install a decent adblocker
use only thepiratebay.org
right click the magnet (never left click anythning!!!)
copy link address
in your torrent client go to Files->add torrent from URL
Paste the link
Click ok
Enjoy no more stupid pop ups

This should go in the FAQ like "we the TPB team are deeply sorry for our site highjacking your browser with malware, however... if you follow these simple steps provided by @dickhead, you will be safe from harm"

Smile
(Jan 28, 2024, 14:30 pm)dickhead Wrote:

*sigh*

Install a decent adblocker
use only thepiratebay.org
right click the magnet (never left click anythning!!!)
copy link address
in your torrent client go to Files->add torrent from URL
Paste the link
Click ok
Enjoy no more stupid pop ups

This should go in the FAQ like "we the TPB team are deeply sorry for our site highjacking your browser with malware, however... if you follow these simple steps provided by @dickhead, you will be safe from harm"

Smile

Blush
I use Safari and duck duck go as my search? I don't see them listed on ublocks download site? Again I'm a senior citizen, that knows just enough to be dangerous!!
Sometimes I have brain freezes. Having trouble getting an ad blocker downloaded! Used Limetorrents and TPB for years w no issues?
Yes, using another finger than the index finger can be quite a challenge when clicking links, but trust me, you will get used to it and your worries will reduce drastically
Ok. So how do I install unlock?

I mean't Ublock....... Spellcheck!

Most posts say the Ublock is no longer available?

I have Mac OS Sierra 10.13.6, so its an old iMac maxed out? Most ad blockers are saying to old to install. any thoughts on which ad blocker for older OS?
I find it funnily ironic that using ad blockers on TPB is not discouraged by the staff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No access to TPB with TOR in Australia darry71 3 11,430 Jun 09, 2020, 07:58 am
Last Post: theSEMAR
  Downloading/remote access question TalkativeTech 2 14,870 Sep 08, 2018, 02:19 am
Last Post: TalkativeTech
  First post - can't access TPB Bonzo 3 13,746 Mar 05, 2017, 04:00 am
Last Post: Trader_Sam
  Windows 10 failed access to executable files? Qroq 6 14,826 Jan 23, 2016, 12:11 pm
Last Post: dolly_cat
  "Resource access limited!" 1voyager1 6 16,800 Sep 05, 2014, 01:57 am
Last Post: stormium