No Sound on some downloads
Hi I am a novice to all this. I was wondering why some movies I have downloaded are without sound. They seem to be from reputable source.  Is there something I have to do after downloading.
Are You using VLC as your media player ? Other players like Windows Media Player might need to download a codec pack. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
(Feb 14, 2017, 08:40 am)Ruler_Of_Hell Wrote: Are You using VLC as your media player ? Other players like Windows Media Player might need to download a codec pack. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Hi thanks, tried VLC and it worked.  If I use it on a smart TV, Samsung series 9, do I need codecs if so how?
cheers Bryan
If You're talking about using a USB drive with the built in Media Player ? I looked at the specs and the 9 Series don't appear to be able to play the AC3 audio Codecs ? Seems it plays everything else so don't know why not. Either try to download Movies with AAC or Dolby Digital, DTS etc. or You'll have to do some type of remux.

My TV is so old the built in player only plays VidX. LOL So I play everything on a Media Player or PC through HDMI cable.
You don't burn it to DVD like I do, right?
(Feb 14, 2017, 23:16 pm)RobertX Wrote: You don't burn it to DVD like I do, right?

No I store on portable harddrive

It seems to work on the smart tv, so problem solved thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to load up for some of the torrents crazy_anon 2 3,747 May 22, 2023, 02:19 am
Last Post: crazy_anon
  Getting error on all downloads Robert4578 2 5,949 Nov 22, 2022, 21:35 pm
Last Post: Robert4578
  Downloads Stuck At "Downloading Metadata" Jer 4 17,002 Jun 14, 2021, 19:04 pm
Last Post: Jer
  uTorrent bugs let websites control your computer and steal your downloads LDavenport 7 20,648 Mar 11, 2018, 16:34 pm
Last Post: asterastrip
  Win10_Pro_1511 some instructions pls. HeavyDemir 9 19,620 Sep 17, 2017, 21:22 pm
Last Post: contrail