New Season of MST3k Crowdfunding
For a rifftrax forum, there's a lack of amusing anecdotes in here. You all have the right to complain but at least put it in the form of a riff. Just taking a whiz on the good people trying to earn a living is poor form...

FWIW : the Rifftrax riffers are so old they make Woody Allen look young - too Soon-Yi?
the Rifftrax writers are so predictable and stale that you can play one rifftrax from 10 years ago and one from today and they sync up like the Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of the Moon.
The Rifftrax performers are unable to write. So after standing in front of a mic for 90 minutes - kaching! Its payday. No joke, just cynicism.

So there you go, i've set the bar. Complain about MST3K modern while riffing.

Oh, and to the user upset by Crow sounding like Bart Simpson : we recently had Jesus Christ Superstar in my town with a woman playing Jesus. If you saw that you would have dropped dead from a heart attack.
"Get off the stage, you're not funny."
"And also, in the autopsy, the coroner found semen. In your post."
The Mads (Trace and Frank) remind me of the classic MST days.   Tbh, I can't stomach the new MST stuff.  

Supporting Mads is totally worth every penny.   Smile Smile
(Nov 12, 2023, 01:23 am)Otrader Wrote: The Mads (Trace and Frank) remind me of the classic MST days.   Tbh, I can't stomach the new MST stuff.  

Supporting Mads is totally worth every penny.   Smile Smile

I think all three riffing groups have their own vibe, and I enjoy that.
New MST is really polished and is as family-friendly as possible
Rifftrax feels a little more relaxed between the riffers and a bit more acerbic towards the movies
The Mads feel like they're working off the cuff and have no problem going political or a bit blue for a joke.
(Nov 10, 2023, 16:58 pm)JeepBanshee Wrote: You all have the right to complain but at least put it in the form of a riff. Just taking a whiz on the good people trying to earn a living is poor form...

So there you go, i've set the bar. Complain about MST3K modern while riffing.

Of all the places on the internet to complain about this, we have few where we can express ourselves without stepping on the toes of fandom. So please, just don't read the posts if you don't like them. We are also the people funding these good people.

Seriously, if you can't take it, if it's too much for you, go do literally anything else. You're literally complaining about people complaining. Do you think there's some sort of "complaining alchemy" that means your particular complaining somehow lifts the bar or sheds light in a dark room?
Well, Rifftrax hasn't been funny in years. MST3K is not going to crowdfund even a half-season. They'll just tour live, i'm sure. All you complainers (both of you!) will taste bitter ashes.

Got no reason to be here any more. Enjoy your samey-sameness everyone. I'm sure it'll be like... rock climbing.

Some funny stuff that still exists - on Twitch there is Master Pancake Theater, and Bad Movies Live. On Twitch and Youtube there is YMS.

Adios forever.
Still not funny
The next movie announced for the new season is none other than Plan 9 From Outer Space.
(Nov 12, 2023, 10:00 am)ageekyguy Wrote: I think all three riffing groups have their own vibe, and I enjoy that.
New MST is really polished and is as family-friendly as possible
Rifftrax feels a little more relaxed between the riffers and a bit more acerbic towards the movies
The Mads feel like they're working off the cuff and have no problem going political or a bit blue for a joke.

Except that's not really why I enjoy them. The old MST felt like a bunch of friends who got together on a crappy, homemade set to rip apart movies. That was it's charm, that it wasn't professional, but that's been lost since the Netflix days. Now, it honestly feels like Joel is only after the money.

Rifftrax still maintains some of the old, unprofessional, "doing it because it's fun" feel, but even that's slipping. I think it's mostly because they're not in their own riffs, like they were back in the old Film Crew days. They just say stuff to be funny and that's really what I'm after.

Mads... they just went sideways. I stopped watching them a long time ago. I like Trace and Frank, but they're more sidekicks and not leading actors. They also don't have filters, and I don't mean that in the censorship way, but Frank will go on and on and on long after the joke has stopped being funny. It's really why I stopped listening to their podcast, because it just meandered around.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help! Seeders needed for bsg4you's MST3K S00 torrent thecellar 1 269 Yesterday, 14:22 pm
Last Post: MATMAN
  Using AI to clean up old VHS MST3K episodes hexeract 1 259 Yesterday, 13:29 pm
Last Post: Handy
  MST3K: Fire Maidens of Outer Space and Attack of the Eye Creatures mazzy_star 0 337 Apr 23, 2024, 16:27 pm
Last Post: mazzy_star
  New Youtube account with MST3K episodes subtitled Gordon 3 842 Apr 12, 2024, 17:34 pm
Last Post: eskaton
  REQ: MST3K Tribute to...I Accuse My Parents and Overdrawn at the Memory Bank moondoggy1111 18 9,918 Apr 07, 2024, 18:41 pm
Last Post: ageekyguy