Need help uploading a few torrents
(Jun 12, 2023, 02:52 am)SectorVector Wrote: Check you friend's PC too. Hope he is able to download torrents normally.
Ensure Windows firewall is not blocking qBT traffic. Control Panel > Monitoring > View Firewall Rules.

In case either one of you is using a VPN, ensure you are using a server which supports torrenting. There is usually some indication on the VPN Control Panel on your PC, as to which servers support torrenting.

If all is good, just try your luck posting the magnet in Promote your Shares section.
Having 2-3 working trackers, when creating the torrent, is helpful. So, keep it for now.
Pray to God (if you are a believer) and post it at an auspicious time. :-)

Edit: Are you seeding other torrents ? If so pause them. Upload Slots may have filled up. Tools > Options > Connection.
Also, try a different torrent client, FWIW.

I'm using two different friends to try and download these magnet links.  All of us use vpns, all of us download and reseed torrents all the time so it can't be a matter of port forwarding, firewalls, or VPN servers or it would affect our ability to download load and seed other torrents we get off of TPB and the like. (All of my other torrents have been paused so that the 2 that I've been trying to test are available).

I'm completely stumped. I have no idea why this won't work
OK. Am out of ideas too.

You can PM me the hash and i could give it a try; just leave the torrent running for about 1 hr from the time you PM, so i know you are seeding.

Better yet, create a thread in 'Promote your Shares'. Post your link + description. If it works well and good.

Edit: Since your group torrents regularly, try seeding a very old torrent from your client, which has very few seeds. Get your friends to download it. If they already have it in their client, they need to delete the torrent first. They can download it to a different directory without disturbing their existing file. This should rule out any torrent creation mistakes, though i can't think what; but that seems to be the only new variable. Should a seed other than you connect, 'Ban' by right clicking. Can be undone later.
I am having similar issues. I can download and seed torrents just fine that I find on TPB or KAT. However, when I create a torrent and give the link out no downloading ever happens. I am behind a VPN and torrenting just fine for many terabytes worth of downloads and seeds. Why is it when I create a torrent there is no connection to the peers wanting the files? Please let me know if you ever solve this issue. I would be very interested to learn from you. I am using Bigly for torrenting. Linux Mint for my OS...
LunaSee, i'd request starting a new thread. Posting here would get replies mixed up aka 'thread hijacking' ;-)

In BiglyBT, take a look at the logs and View > Network Status. If you post these logs, do remember to mask the IPs.

As for OP, he sent me the infohash and i was able to download after a while. I don't know if he is satisfied the problem is solved.

Edit
(Jun 12, 2023, 13:54 pm)LunaSee Wrote: I am having similar issues.  I can download and seed torrents just fine that I find on TPB or KAT.  However, when I create a torrent and give the link out no downloading ever happens.  I am behind a VPN and torrenting just fine for many terabytes worth of downloads and seeds.  Why is it when I create a torrent there is no connection to the peers wanting the files?  Please let me know if you ever solve this issue.  I would be very interested to learn from you.  I am using Bigly for torrenting.  Linux Mint for my OS...

I believe I was able to resolve it but Im in the process of double checking the results with the original files that I was trying to share just to double check. Once Ive confirmed that it works Ill share what i did to resolve it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need help Aras 4 5,433 Apr 09, 2023, 08:47 am
Last Post: dueda
  How to narrow down searches with few characters? Hard2ComeBy 2 6,403 Nov 10, 2022, 07:49 am
Last Post: Hard2ComeBy
  Need Help downloading videos from radiopedia.org Pirate_Sam 4 8,607 Aug 31, 2022, 13:33 pm
Last Post: Pirate_Sam
  I need some help Fant0men 9 10,360 Jul 28, 2022, 06:42 am
Last Post: am a giant
  Need help with a google search for arabic results LadyAnn 0 9,049 Jan 03, 2022, 12:32 pm
Last Post: LadyAnn