Need help transferring an Winrar File
I started moving my media from a pc to my laptop and I have everything on there but some movies and they were too big to transfer by flash drive so I made them into a Winrar File but now I can’t find a way to transfer that file from my pc to my laptop anybody know a program that will do that
First things first.

What happened when you attempted to UnRAR the archive to your laptop?

What I would do for large files is to do this in smaller bits, don't do it all at once because, like you said, it's too big.
Well I have not got it to my laptop to try to unrar it & should I try to Winrar one movie at a time is that what you are saying I should do
Something like that.

Just curious: are you connected to the laptop via a network?

EDIT: And for the sake your files' safety, just use copy and paste, forget about WinRAR.

And maybe if you're dying to put everything to your laptop quicker, you can copy three to ten at a time depending on the size of the movies.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass. I didn't realise you said "flash drive." Forget about flash drive, just network your computers and transfer it that way.

Hope this helps.
Yes Wireless Network and my laptop is upstairs and my pc is downstairs next the modem and router

How do I copy and paste you never said how to do that at all
Either:

Right-click on the file you want to copy, select "copy" on the menu that comes up, go to the location you want the file copied to, right-click again, and select "paste" on that menu.

Left-click (don't double-click) on the file you want to copy, press Ctrl button and the C key simultaneously, go to the location you want to copy the file to, and press Ctrl and the V key simultaneously.

In this case, you would go to your desktop computer as the original location, copy that movie, and paste to the desired location on your laptop.

EDIT: And one more thing: in this case, you should already make a shared folder on your laptop. If you use Windows, you would right-click on the desired location (i.e.the folder) of your laptop, and configure that location to be the shared folder. If you already have done that, you would need to start copying and pasting your movies on the shared folder of your laptop.

Does that clear things up a bit?
Options
1) Use hjsplit to split your large file into smaller ones on your desktop. Copy as many at a time using the 'pen drive', to your laptop. Join them using hjsplit on your laptop, when have copied them all.

2) As RobertX mentioned, Network your desktop PC with your laptop through the router. Lots of tutorials on the Net. Here is one such.

/edited.
cooltwou Wrote:Yes Wireless Network and my laptop is upstairs and my pc is downstairs next the modem and router

Depending on how the OP had his/her (which one, cooltwou) network set up, I don't think he (for the sake of argument) needs to buy an extra cable; if his network is wireless, and working, he can just throw files from upstairs to downstairs through the network by means of the wireless router.

Therefore, I don't think he needs an extra cable.

Not getting in your face, of course. Smile
Agreed. :-) I've edited and shortened my earlier reply to avoid confusion.
Ok I hit share on the movie File on my pc how do I go about finding them on my laptop

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reducing mp4 file sizes Mach234 2 521 Mar 05, 2024, 10:18 am
Last Post: Mach234
  How to play a SSIF file ? WW3hasstarted 4 1,796 Dec 28, 2023, 11:19 am
Last Post: WW3hasstarted
  installing 3d design softaware on LICENSED WINDOWS LAPTOP ... NEED HELP. max143278 0 4,151 Jul 18, 2023, 01:14 am
Last Post: max143278
  Modify date for .dat file zillah 0 8,068 Mar 29, 2022, 05:28 am
Last Post: zillah
  Power Director and HOSTS file sixeyeco 6 15,373 Dec 10, 2021, 01:06 am
Last Post: steelfox