My Grand Theft auto V torrent
Well when I start GTA5 up it says I need to login to Social Club how do I skip this?
HeroMaster, would appreciate some technical answers if you would.
Trying to get to the bottom of the painfully poor installation times.

As far as i can tell, the installer uploaded uses a modified version of inno setup 5.5.0 with unarc/7zip decompression / decryption.
however, the archive files themselves are passworded (most likely by the setup itself).
However, since the inno setup installer is modified, the setup cannot be unpacked with regular tools such as innounp, innoextract etc.
would you be willing to post your inno setup iss script or the archive passwords? as it would be better to port the setup to another system that can handle the crypto/decompression faster.

One concerning issue I have is that the data-8 file is actually the setup file,  which is over 1mb smaller than the setup.exe you provided,  its possible to make a copy of data-8, rename it to setup.exe and install,  with the original setup.exe deleted,  doing so seems to make the install speed slightly faster and does not seem to run processes via cmd during. 

If the data-8 setup.exe works normally at 2mb the curious side of me wants to know why a 3mb setup.exe was included. 

Not throwing accusations here but it does seem somewhat suspicious.
Will de doing a full debug of both later this evening regardless. 

(Apr 17, 2015, 03:06 am)pleasegod91 Wrote: Please set my mind at ease and assist me here?...
check the little box that says show processes from all users.
Fail Install

23.1%

Decompression problem: broken compressed data
Now it works, but i can't play online.
(Apr 17, 2015, 05:11 am)Slips Wrote: Now it works, but i can't play online.

You can't play online. Most games you download as a torrent can't.

(Apr 16, 2015, 17:02 pm)DEADM1K3 Wrote:
(Apr 16, 2015, 16:55 pm)AZ242 Wrote:
(Apr 16, 2015, 16:14 pm)DEADM1K3 Wrote: Hi there,

When i load the game up after installing it says i cant connect to the social club and i must fix the issue before playing the game,

Do you know if or how to fix this?

I get "social club failed to launch due to incomplete installation"?

Yeah, thats the error im getting too.

Me too. ._.
I think someone said the social club error can be fixed by just reinstalling it from the official rockstar website.

But i have another problem, my screen doesn't allow any resolution higher than 1920 x 1080 and goes out of range when i run gta v. I have tried making some changes to the 3dmgame.ini file but no succes so far. Any ideas?
Yeah, but he said we could play online.

Btw, thanks HeroMaster, nice work.
Why does installation take about 10 hrs? I heard that some other versions of GTA5 took only about 30 min.
Ah, yes. I just installed Social Club from Rockstar and it worked. BUT, now as soon as it starts loading the actual game in the very beginning, it crashes.

EDIT: I had to install the win8 fix
(Apr 17, 2015, 03:13 am)assoluto Wrote: HeroMaster, would appreciate some technical answers if you would.
Trying to get to the bottom of the painfully poor installation times.

As far as i can tell, the installer uploaded uses a modified version of inno setup 5.5.0 with unarc/7zip decompression / decryption.
however, the archive files themselves are passworded (most likely by the setup itself).
However, since the inno setup installer is modified, the setup cannot be unpacked with regular tools such as innounp, innoextract etc.
would you be willing to post your inno setup iss script or the archive passwords? as it would be better to port the setup to another system that can handle the crypto/decompression faster.

One concerning issue I have is that the data-8 file is actually the setup file,  which is over 1mb smaller than the setup.exe you provided,  its possible to make a copy of data-8, rename it to setup.exe and install,  with the original setup.exe deleted,  doing so seems to make the install speed slightly faster and does not seem to run processes via cmd during. 

If the data-8 setup.exe works normally at 2mb the curious side of me wants to know why a 3mb setup.exe was included. 

Not throwing accusations here but it does seem somewhat suspicious.
Will de doing a full debug of both later this evening regardless. 

(Apr 17, 2015, 03:06 am)pleasegod91 Wrote: Please set my mind at ease and assist me here?...
check the little box that says show processes from all users.

i'm not verifying malware or accusing anyone but since install Firefox keeps trying to load a different page when it starts no matter what i set my start page to. Firefox has also launched a separate window once or twice now while running. notice no strange processes running. guessing it's just a problem with an update on the browser but we never know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Grand Tour - Series 3 - FOURTEEN episodes! F110 1 11,811 May 03, 2019, 01:33 am
Last Post: RobertX