Microsoft source leaks
[Image: zGjq4W8.png]

https://thepiratebay.org/description.php?id=36550495

There have been threads about this leak collection going on over @ /g/ on 4chan for a couple of weeks.

Would be nice if someone cracked the password for 'windows_xp_source.rar'.
I guess a coordinated group brute force could be done, kinda like the fold-at-home thing (or LOIC). But you'd have to script it for multiple platforms...
This just in! Microsoft source leaked! Evidence that Windows 1.0 is better than Windows 10 is apparent!
Someone on 4chan leaked what seems to be the full source code for Windows XP SP1 and Windows Server 2003 (build 3790 / RTM). The new code is genuine, but I can't comment on whether or not it's complete. It certainly looks like it could be. The torrent was updated to include the new archive.

* 2020-09-24

This is an update to the previous torrent (2020-09-20), made for the sole reason
of including the file 'nt5src.7z', which contains Windows XP / Windows Server
2003 source code. Those who have already downloaded the previous torrent, fear
not! This torrent is 99% identical, with the only changes being to the files
'torrent description.txt', 'md5.db', and the inclusion of this text file and
'nt5src.7z'. You don't have to re-download the other files. Just remove the old
torrent from your torrent client (without deleting the data), rename the
directory from 'Microsoft leaked source code archive_2020-09-20' to 'Microsoft
leaked source code archive_2020-09-24'. Add the new torrent to your torrent
client and force it to do a re-hash / re-check of the files, if it doesn't do it
automatically.

The leak happened on 4chan, and although the file name is the same this file is
slightly smaller. This is because my file only has one level of compression,
while the original file had CAB files inside the 7zip file. The only change I
made was to extract the CABs, and then compress the extracted files with 7zip.

Because, fuck CABs.

It's all there. Enjoy.

https://thepiratebay.org/description.php?id=36573165

@ill88eagle

Hopefully someone organizes a decentralized cracking of that RAR hash. I'm too stupid and lazy to do it, but it would be cool if someone did.

Btw, here's the current 4chan thread.
Fant0men, it's very clear that you don't like Microsoft, but isn't this too far?

Pirating their software is one thing, you've made it a vendetta, and I think it's not going to bode well for the community as Ballmer now has the authority to shut down everything and make heads roll.
(Sep 25, 2020, 05:35 am)RobertX Wrote: Fant0men, it's very clear that you don't like Microsoft, but isn't this too far?

Pirating their software is one thing, you've made it a vendetta, and I think it's not going to bode well for the community as Ballmer now has the authority to shut down everything and make heads roll.

I'd say their proprietary business model and corporate bullying (of competitors, customers and pirates) is taking things too far. Fuck them. They deserve to have their precious source code shared and there's no better way to hurt that corrupt stinking cesspool of a company.
(Sep 25, 2020, 10:41 am)Fant0men Wrote: I'd say their proprietary business model and corporate bullying (of competitors, customers and pirates) is taking things too far. Fuck them. They deserve to have their precious source code shared and there's no better way to hurt that corrupt stinking cesspool of a company.

I wholeheartedly second this
But don't you see? This will give Microsoft and other corporations the ammunition to blame anyone, like the open source community, organisations that don't even see eye-to-eye to pirates.

I know you're an open source man, so would you like that?

I'm not trying to be "the man," I'm just trying to do some reasoning.

Besides, the GNU guys will condemn this leak, along with other ones, mainly because they can't use it.

EDIT: That being said, this leak can be beneficial. I've always wanted newer/future versions of Windows to have Windows Media Player gain DVD support. That's what's missing in Windows 8 , 8.1, and 10 and it's criminal that they left it out. If this leak is to be beneficial to pirates, then one of the first things they should do is to do that.r
The GNU guys wont bother with it at all. Nor will the ReactOS and Wine people. This is first and foremost our sweaty balls in ballmers face. And as such it has merit. It then serves as proof of crappy coding (as if you didn't know).
On an item in the file list shown in The Pirate Bay linked to this post, I saw a rip of the DVD "Revolution OS."

This has nothing to do with Microsoft programs; it has more to do with the early days of GNU/Linux's foray in the home market. I know because I borrowed it from a library.

Can anyone explain why it's there?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I eliminate Microsoft Account check in later Windows 10 Pro ISOs? RobertX 2 9,010 May 09, 2022, 20:29 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Nintendo Gigaleak (source code, betas artwork, ROMs etc.) Fant0men 16 24,805 Jan 22, 2022, 19:04 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  About the Microsoft and Intel leaks RobertX 2 11,091 Jul 30, 2021, 03:41 am
Last Post: waregim
  How do I bypass Microsoft Store 0x803F8001 error? Stargate38 4 12,615 Dec 09, 2020, 05:41 am
Last Post: waregim
  Software Wars: The Movie (new documentary about open source / Linux) Fant0men 2 12,197 Nov 29, 2020, 14:08 pm
Last Post: Fant0men