Medbay
Fair enough, you explained yourself.

I'm going out to fly a kite.
The Western world is predicated on its eschatological doomsday for the past 2000 years since a seditious mendicant rabbi proclaimed his *return* with attendant universal destruction in Armaggedon.

It is part of our cultural limbic system, and we have even had two presidents push us closer to their pathological 'Rapture'

In other more certain terms: A death wish.

Its hitting us on multiple fronts:

Environmental - The destruction of numerous ecological systems. Bees are disappearing. The seasons are askew with climate change (Carbon emissions are probably the least of our problems).

Cultural - Total effing nihilism. When boys arent boys, and people start marrying silicone dolls, its pretty much time to roll up the carpets and turn out the lights.

Political - The end of the Rule of Law. The end of Habaeus Corpus with the 2014 NDAA act effectivle ended our nation with the demise of our Constitution. A new Mordor built on repression, murder, and incessant warfare on all fronts. Fortunately our Sauron is a spineless boob, and not a dispensationalist like his VP.....

Economic - We are in the middle of something right out of Das Kapital: Vulture capitalism devouring itself, and everything it touches. Toto has pulled off the curtain and shown to the world countless money printing presses run by central bankers who can cause or stop a Greatest Depression at their whim. And garner trillions in profits on either choice.

Spiritual - One doesnt have to believe in ghosts or invisible friends to understand the instinctual knowledge between right and wrong, or that the forces around us are pure evil. And foul. Something that even the Devil, if he existed, would be ashamed of. Ole Nick supposedly has some *class*.

Physical - Just grab a book on biochemisty, or immunology, and after a bit of reading it becomes painsully obvious that we are being *slowly* poisoned by our food supply.There is a reason the Chinese regard our soy as only fit for pigs.

Existential - The wuflu is indeed a potential plague of vast proportions. This booger was *designed* for maximum damage. No one knows if it will live up to the hopes of its creators, though. It has much more potential for harm than is officially recognized. Google 'Covid MHC'. But it gets only worse. It can be hacked and patched by anyone with a CRISPR machine.

The good news is, that while it may well be the 'Eve of Destruction' with the advent of Very Bad Things, there appear to be increasing instances of Black Swans to f*ck up the plans of the most Dastardly of Villains. An Orange Footed Boobie became POTUS.

After all, evil does not just feed upon the weak - it preys upon itself.
Somehow, Epstein comes to mind.
The end of the world as we know it, for sure. Time changes things, and Fall-Out's "great war" looks more possible than ever. Will it begin? Maybe. How will it end? Nobody can tell.
Since 2008 I've been telling people to prepare but nobody seems to believe, care, or be able to move away from densely populated areas and stock up.
I did what I could before this pandemic: Bought a box of masks, prepared a go bag with batteries, basic medicines, warm clothes, some water, food, tools, and that's it.
Now you're doing it, when I said not to!

It's not the end of the world. We'll get through this abominable pandemic.

People who read this kind of stuff and are gullible enough to believe it will off themselves sooner than what this grand apocalypse can do.

Cut it out.
(Jun 02, 2020, 18:51 pm)dueda Wrote: Since 2008 I've been telling people to prepare but nobody seems to believe, care, or be able to move away from densely populated areas and stock up.
I did what I could before this pandemic: Bought a box of masks, prepared a go bag with batteries, basic medicines, warm clothes, some water, food, tools, and that's it.

Pretty much the same here.

But I see it from a bit of a different perspective: The EROEI is steadily collapsing, as fracking is a self limiting farce, and light crude is increasingly scarce. The Saudies have to literally pump oceans of salt water into their wells to extract their oil. The Irainians have to seel thier light sweet crude to Venezuela just to mix with their tar oil so it can run through pipelines. (Trump wants Maduro's tar to mix with his fracking lighter fluid crap so it can be refined.

Despite the glut, we have probably reached Peak Oil. When it gets *really* too expensive to produce (despite vast hydrocarbon 'reserves' ) the proverbial sh*t will really hit the fan.

However it is unwise to predict the future. Even the Masters of the Universe have been b*tch slapped by Black Swans, and will probably continue to be.

(Jun 02, 2020, 19:22 pm)RobertX Wrote: Now you're doing it, when I said not to!

People who read this kind of stuff and are gullible enough to believe it will off themselves sooner than what this grand apocalypse can do.

Cut it out.

The world will not end until the sun goes nova.

And neither will optimism.
Whatever you say; I'll just be stepping out because I'm tired of arguing.

EDIT: I said it, I will not do so on this thread.

/All "offensive" posts owned by me deleted.
RobertX Wrote:Now you're doing it, when I said not to!

Cut it out.

Don't worry, RX, it's the EotW as we know it - not necessarily the global apocalypse. But some (good measure of) readiness won't hurt, right?
If "not much discerning" people decide to off themselves, well, Nostradamus is probably guilty of hundreds of deaths, and the Halley comet a few tens. I can take a couple Internet-Void-believers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  File Issue: Masterclass Jake Shimabukuro Teaches Ukuklele - Medbay newip_whodis 2 10,126 Aug 26, 2020, 16:36 pm
Last Post: newip_whodis