Marvel's Endgame
(Aug 07, 2019, 08:04 am)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: Everybody does movies different.  No 2 people are the same, some people do one thing and somebody does something else.  It's not just really just about something as simple as using Make MKV there is a lot more involved.  Sometimes encoders spend years working on their methods, like myself, I have been in the movie ripping game now for several years.  It got to the point eventually where I would rip my own as I wasn't very pleased with some of the ones that people shared years ago and found that many of them were of very bad quality.  Some infact that were so bad they weren't even watchable and would give you discomfort during viewing.  There was one encoder around a while ago, I won't even mention their name, their encodes were shockingly bad and I found that downloading their material was just simply a waste of bandwidth due to poor methods used and at the end of the day a very bad result.  Maybe it suited them and their TV system but I'm very fussy about how I go about things especially now in 2019.

Tbh I feel like now days I'm less fussy. Its hard to mess up a blu ray rip tbh. I also really enjoyed your beverly hills cop rip so thanks for that.
(Aug 07, 2019, 12:21 pm)TrumpIsALoser8746513 Wrote:
(Aug 07, 2019, 08:04 am)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: Everybody does movies different.  No 2 people are the same, some people do one thing and somebody does something else.  It's not just really just about something as simple as using Make MKV there is a lot more involved.  Sometimes encoders spend years working on their methods, like myself, I have been in the movie ripping game now for several years.  It got to the point eventually where I would rip my own as I wasn't very pleased with some of the ones that people shared years ago and found that many of them were of very bad quality.  Some infact that were so bad they weren't even watchable and would give you discomfort during viewing.  There was one encoder around a while ago, I won't even mention their name, their encodes were shockingly bad and I found that downloading their material was just simply a waste of bandwidth due to poor methods used and at the end of the day a very bad result.  Maybe it suited them and their TV system but I'm very fussy about how I go about things especially now in 2019.

Tbh I feel like now days I'm less fussy. Its hard to mess up a blu ray rip tbh. I also really enjoyed your beverly hills cop rip so thanks for that.

I'm just curious to know that if you're less fussy about video quality do you have an opinion about 4K quality and HDR?  When I ask that I mean in the current times now of 2019.  Do you think you will ever find yourself one day watching 4K if the size isn't important and you're prepared to download large files?
(Aug 07, 2019, 13:10 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote:
(Aug 07, 2019, 12:21 pm)TrumpIsALoser8746513 Wrote:

I'm just curious to know that if you're less fussy about video quality do you have an opinion about 4K quality and HDR?  When I ask that I mean in the current times now of 2019.  Do you think you will ever find yourself one day watching 4K if the size isn't important and you're prepared to download large files?

Certain movies I will download 4k(avengers john wick 3 etc) and hdr and I don't care if its 60gb for that movie. For the most part I download 10-12gb 1080p blu ray rips and honestly have no issue with the quality. I mean I have a 4k oled that I watch movies on and with a sony blu ray player that upscales and adds hdr  like effects to non native 4k sdr content. However I do also watch movies on my pc too. Tbh I don't mind watching 1080p movies on my pc and I do fairly often. the sharpness is there on all br rips the only difference is on some (what I consider badly ripped ones) the colour feels a little washed out. Uploaders like edhd are usually a safe bet but they don't upload movies for that long ie a 2 year old torrent is usually worthless and theres no one seeding(your torrents seldom have that problem).
That's interesting and thanks for sharing your view.  I would like to get into and get hold of a 4K drive for the PC.  It would be nice I'm working on it, maybe one day.  To be able to actually rip a 4K now that might be interesting and also I hear it only works with certain drives.  The last time I looked into it people were saying the popular make of drive that I prefer doesn't actually work for 4K which is a shame.  I have done quite a lot of 1080p ripping now.  What I mean though is that all different rippers use different settings.  The thing with me is that nobody knows my settings, not anyone at all so nobody can copy my work because nobody has any idea how I do them.  I'm not at liberty to ever share my settings either they are totally secret.
Is anyone else just watching this over and over and over? [Image: wZrPZRdZ8i.png]
Horrid movie and my most hated scene was the Africans coming through the hole in space shouting "USA" I turned it off at that point
Well what to say about this movie really other than it is the greatest movie in Cinema History.  Somebody is gonna have a hard time topping this one now, I hear there's plenty more on the way yet it will move into the next step.  I've not seen it yet I'm still trying to catch up on stuff months ago.

Going back a while ago I really had no idea that Endgame would be the biggest thing the world has ever seen, really quite amazing, I know that when I see it I will be blown away I usually am with Marvel they never seem to disappoint.

Just to add further I got my torrent up the other day, 1080p of course because I don't have the resources for 4K yet.  My rip arrived at 25GB which is quite large.  It's certainly a very long MCU movie I think it's probably the longest one out of the Franchise a bit like Batman Vs. Superman that was also about 3 hours.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captain Marvel Makutu 10 31,931 May 21, 2019, 16:31 pm
Last Post: KalBeast