Magnet links in tor browser problem
i just used tor browser    to try access tpb    uj3wazyk5u4hnvtk.onion    that worked but is very very slow

anyway when i clicked the magnet link for a torrent i wanted nothing happened , how do we get magnet links to work with tor browser please ? 

i usually use chrome browser and have no problem with magnet links but as tpb is down the normal way to access it via   https://thepiratebay.org 

i need to try using tor browser

thanks for any help
Not a site issue. The site has no ability to affect how the browser handles magnet links.

Tor browser is designed to keep the user as anonymous as possible, so it doesn't handle links to external 3rd party applications.

You either have to override that behavior, or just copy and paste the link.
(Oct 19, 2019, 08:44 am)WW3hasstarted Wrote: i just used tor browser    to try access tpb    uj3wazyk5u4hnvtk.onion    that worked but is very very slow

anyway when i clicked the magnet link for a torrent i wanted nothing happened , how do we get magnet links to work with tor browser please ? 

i usually use chrome browser and have no problem with magnet links but as tpb is down the normal way to access it via   https://thepiratebay.org 

i need to try using tor browser

thanks for any help

I right click the magnet link and select "copy link location" then I select "open url" in Qbittorrent and paste the goodies in.  Used to be easy to add handlers in TOR Browser, but not as easy anymore and not safe at all.
thanks for replys

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have a question about web browser for Windows cooltwou 8 7,089 Aug 27, 2023, 08:30 am
Last Post: EddieXTC
  FlimPlus Problem jjjackson 0 4,591 Nov 22, 2022, 00:14 am
Last Post: jjjackson
  TPB not working in Tor but okay in Firefox HenryCan 2 9,397 Jan 15, 2022, 08:47 am
Last Post: HenryCan
  Why won't TOR connect? HenryCan 0 6,895 Jan 15, 2022, 07:34 am
Last Post: HenryCan
  Tor Browser not working well in Windows 10 HenryCan 1 8,529 Dec 04, 2021, 18:32 pm
Last Post: anonemoose