Linux
OK. I have finally gotten around to reconstituting my Linux system, using Debian Buster - after a major crash.

These days I tend to regard Linux as only slightly less compromised than Win, especially after doing a bit of research on the heartbleed fiasco.

But overall there have been some improvements, and some nastiness such as wayland, and systemd  - but I can deal with them for now.

Thats the problem. For now.

I want to essentially take the system 'off grid'. I have Anaconda for Python, and had to go to git Node since the Buster distro does not allow npm, and even wiped my node libs when I tried to update gyp.

The distro forums are full of greybeards who tow the party line and try to cancel any discussions of actually hacking the system.

I am looking for ways to assume complete control over the distro - from running Wayland as root (cannot find the right uuid instruction in source), and even disabling pam - I have my own security protocols and I dont give a rats azz about 'user'  or 'file' security. I disable sshd, rdp, and anything that tries to open unwanted ports.

I am looking for any links, etexts (tpb, or libgen) or forums that can answer the basic questions to *hacking* a Linux (esp. a Debian distro) , particialrly to enable the user complete control over the system and local network (single user).  Security is not an issue, insofar as this is not a multiuser system (wife dont count) , and I will happily sacrifice security in some areas to beef up freedom in others. I have absoleutely no 'private' info on this system.  Not my name, nor even my real email address. Plus, a beefed up hardware firewall helps.
N.B. - Here I mean hacking in the old fashined sense, not system tweaks like a gui program for changing greeter background. Also: this system is set to NOT update. I expect changes to be permanent (and backed up!)

Any thoughts?

(Also, why so little on hacking the Win microkernel?)
AFAIK you can run debian without wayland and systemd. There are alternatives to both and debian does not lock you into one or the other.

You can find savvy people on https://4chan.org/g/ if you can stand the autism and distro wars
Aspies and chaos = My personal vision of heaven.

Bookmarked!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Join the LiNUX movie release group Fant0men 51 56,841 Aug 17, 2022, 12:41 pm
Last Post: Fant0men
  Five Reasons NOT to Switch to GNU/Linux RobertX 9 16,876 Dec 24, 2020, 03:58 am
Last Post: waregim
  Software Wars: The Movie (new documentary about open source / Linux) Fant0men 2 12,206 Nov 29, 2020, 14:08 pm
Last Post: Fant0men
  All I know is Windows and I want to switch to a Linux OS soulcity 38 48,973 Nov 02, 2020, 02:12 am
Last Post: RobertX