Joe Bob Briggs MonsterVision Uploads!
Id guess its probably something with the copyright policy. This is what MEGA lists on their terms

Copyright Takedown Notices
We respect the copyright of others and require that users of our services comply with copyright laws. You are strictly prohibited from using our services to infringe copyright. You may not upload, download, store, share, access, display, stream, distribute, e-mail, link to, communicate, transmit, or otherwise make available any files, data, or content that infringes any copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
(Aug 24, 2024, 20:25 pm)El Phantasmo Wrote: Id guess its probably something with the copyright policy. This is what MEGA lists on their terms

Copyright Takedown Notices
We respect the copyright of others and require that users of our services comply with copyright laws. You are strictly prohibited from using our services to infringe copyright. You may not upload, download, store, share, access, display, stream, distribute, e-mail, link to, communicate, transmit, or otherwise make available any files, data, or content that infringes any copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.

I was looking at previous posts.  He had mentioned taking it down before to avoid this from happening.  I was cautiously optimistic but I guess thats not the case this time.
(Aug 24, 2024, 14:27 pm)monkstah Wrote:
(Aug 24, 2024, 00:54 am)El Phantasmo Wrote: RunRunBill,

Do you have an internal list you're using that has all the restored files that have been released? Im trying to do some cleanup on TVDB.

Thanks,

As of about today here was the full list of missing and lost drive in ones ---

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

(Aug 04, 2024, 12:36 pm)latenet Wrote: I was briefly confused by THREE FOR ONE and TOP MODEL, which are labeled as being from 1993-10-09. There were already two movies listed for that date, so I checked an online episode listing and saw that it was a simple typo; these two films aired on 1993-01-09. No great mystery, fortunately.

Your list seems inaccurate based on everything I've done, but I could be wrong as well.

Here's how I pulled my google sheet together :::

Used https://cinemassacreold.website-us-east-...tervision/ and then straight from the patreon as well as actually visually viewing the segments to confirm which dates they should be.

96-07-23 date did not have a host or segments at all for Leviathan - Netpune - Dark Universe

Do you also have a sheet for Drive-in Theater?
(Aug 26, 2024, 21:02 pm)El Phantasmo Wrote:
(Aug 24, 2024, 14:27 pm)monkstah Wrote:
(Aug 24, 2024, 00:54 am)El Phantasmo Wrote: RunRunBill,

Do you have an internal list you're using that has all the restored files that have been released? Im trying to do some cleanup on TVDB.

Thanks,

As of about today here was the full list of missing and lost drive in ones ---

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

(Aug 04, 2024, 12:36 pm)latenet Wrote: I was briefly confused by THREE FOR ONE and TOP MODEL, which are labeled as being from 1993-10-09. There were already two movies listed for that date, so I checked an online episode listing and saw that it was a simple typo; these two films aired on 1993-01-09. No great mystery, fortunately.

Your list seems inaccurate based on everything I've done, but I could be wrong as well.

Here's how I pulled my google sheet together :::

Used https://cinemassacreold.website-us-east-...tervision/ and then straight from the patreon as well as actually visually viewing the segments to confirm which dates they should be.

96-07-23 date did not have a host or segments at all for Leviathan - Netpune - Dark Universe

Do you also have a sheet for Drive-in Theater?

I do not. I only focused on Monstervision
Wow. Just saw that the Mega folder was taken down. That's terrible news!
Is there a new way to download new episodes of The last Drive-In?
That really bites. Hopefully, runrunbill doesn't completely bail on the project because of this, but regardless, I appreciate everything they've done over the years, and I've got a hard drive stuffed with more Joe Bob content than I know what to do with as it stands. Push comes to shove, I'll just start capturing new Last Drive-In episodes as they come.
(Aug 27, 2024, 18:03 pm)taterboob Wrote: That really bites. Hopefully, runrunbill doesn't completely bail on the project because of this, but regardless, I appreciate everything they've done over the years, and I've got a hard drive stuffed with more Joe Bob content than I know what to do with as it stands. Push comes to shove, I'll just start capturing new Last Drive-In episodes as they come.

I'm curious as to how MEGA actually detects what content is being stored, however this is also a good lesson in making sure things stay a secret. When you stumble across something that's too good to be true, never share its existence with anyone unless you absolutely trust them.
(Aug 27, 2024, 22:04 pm)El Phantasmo Wrote:
(Aug 27, 2024, 18:03 pm)taterboob Wrote: That really bites. Hopefully, runrunbill doesn't completely bail on the project because of this, but regardless, I appreciate everything they've done over the years, and I've got a hard drive stuffed with more Joe Bob content than I know what to do with as it stands. Push comes to shove, I'll just start capturing new Last Drive-In episodes as they come.

I'm curious as to how MEGA actually detects what content is being stored, however this is also a good lesson in making sure things stay a secret. When you stumble across something that's too good to be true, never share its existence with anyone unless you absolutely trust them.

Mega can only see files that have been publicly shared. If runrunbill simply creates an invite link instead of posting a public link it can't be taken down for copyright because Mega can't see the files. They are encrypted and only the owner of the account has the key to decrypt them.

stormium edited Aug 28, 2024 07:30 am this post because:

the topic of the thread is: Joe Bob Briggs MonsterVision Uploads! if you want to discus copyrights and dmca, start a new thread.

Well, I hope this isn't the end of his work, but if it is, I'd like runrunbill to know that I have deeply appreciated all he has done.  He made the past come back to life and provided me with A LOT of entertainment. Sincerely, thank you.
Im hopeful. RRB seems like the kind of guy who really has it together.

Tomorrow night is the marathon. YAY! I reckon it'll be posted here one way or the other.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Samurai Cop" with 6 commentary tracks incl. Red Letter Media, Joe Bob, Rifftrax... mentallo 39 61,199 Jun 05, 2024, 02:28 am
Last Post: I Want To Go Faster
  Best collection of classic MST3K uploads? Spraragen88 3 5,458 Jul 07, 2023, 13:18 pm
Last Post: Skipjack1925
  The Sleaziest Movies in the History of the World with Joe Bob Briggs KinoQueen13 8 6,956 Jul 03, 2023, 13:25 pm
Last Post: KinoQueen13
  I Spit on Your Grave: Deja Vu (2019) w/Joe Bob Briggs commentary track Rifferee 2 5,857 May 10, 2023, 20:38 pm
Last Post: frankasu03
  Looking for MonsterVision-Hot Shots! and Aces-Iron Eagle III MrDeadlyPersianFartingSpider 3 7,906 Apr 27, 2023, 18:49 pm
Last Post: runrunbill