Is dreamweaver still being used?
Or am I stuck in 2010?  

I've got old webpages from 2010 that I need to update and upload.  I'm wondering what's the best program to use these days.
When I was in school, I used Dreamweaver for writing essays, not for web design.

Never use a visual tool for web pages. You might as well use HTML so you can see where you fucked up. Visual tools muck up the HTML code by putting lots of crap in it.
(Apr 04, 2020, 00:33 am)RobertX Wrote: When I was in school, I used Dreamweaver for writing essays, not for web design.

Never use a visual tool for web pages. You might as well use HTML so you can see where you fucked up. Visual tools muck up the HTML code by putting lots of crap in it.

I'm a very visual person so I have to use visual tools
(Apr 04, 2020, 11:42 am)soulcity Wrote: I'm a very visual person so I have to use visual tools

Then your question is largely irrelevant, because the best and preferred softwares for building web pages aren't going to fit into your usage requirements.

Use whatever works for you. As far as WYSIWYG builders go, Dreamweaver is probably still the best. Web browsers are very tolerant. Even if the underlying code isn't up to modern standards, the pages should still display they way you want them to.
If simple HTML then M$ Word, saved as HTML should be fine.

Dreamweaver should be OK for most things, but from what I have seen the website builders generally avoid it due to its numerous bugs with modern browsers.

Bluefish is what I would use if I needed a WYSIYG browser.

Your web software, such as Wordpress, should also have WYSIWG editors as plugins. You need to follow the instructions on the box to set them up, as they usually require more steps than normal plugins. From what I have seen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still getting an error about the filesize of one torrent v010dya 0 844 Feb 01, 2024, 04:02 am
Last Post: v010dya
  Still can't register on TPB samson599 7 1,894 Dec 31, 2023, 10:10 am
Last Post: Spud17
  Pirating used to be easy but now you have to outsmart them Ladyanne3 7 8,515 Dec 08, 2022, 03:07 am
Last Post: rezwaki
  Is the silk road still operating? Ladyanne3 0 5,882 Dec 04, 2022, 09:09 am
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  This meme is insulting but I still laughed LadyAnn 6 10,257 Jan 27, 2022, 23:05 pm
Last Post: Iliketacos