Introduction Thread - New members say hi here!
Hi Folks! Returning member here.... and I have a bit of information regarding a suspicious email request that I have been getting repeadedly...ostensibly from ThePirateBay... which I strongly suspect is a government phishing attempt.

This unwelcome visitor to my email account started showing up in the last few days, after I went to TPB for something awhile back and got one book. The message is coming from no-reply@combox.co.uk, and contains this little message:
Welcome to Thepiratebay
Hello dear
You have to confirm your account information
Follow the link to confirm
<link included in email>
* You must confirm your account to your safety
Thank you.
I have NOT responded to this link, and I have put it in JUNK, and BLOCKED it. But I think you should be informed that somebody is trying to get contact information from people visiting your website (like that's "news".. NOT... but still, I think you should know about it, just in case some poor soul screws up and answers these guys!

Much affection, and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
^^ That's definitely a scam. TPB doesn't send emails to people asking them to confirm their log in details. Depending on which email provider you use, there's usually an option to mark it as 'not junk', and mark as a phishing scam instead. For peace of mind, consider changing your TPB password anyway.

Back on topic... welcome to the forum.
Welcome all returning members. Your presences will make making friends worthwhile.
(Dec 20, 2016, 15:22 pm)Spud17 Wrote: ^^ That's definitely a scam. TPB doesn't send emails to people asking them to confirm their log in details. Depending on which email provider you use, there's usually an option to mark it as 'not junk', and mark as a phishing scam instead. For peace of mind, consider changing your TPB password anyway.

Back on topic... welcome to the forum.

Thanks Spud17, for responding to my comment in my opening greeting.  Yeah, I know TPB would never be asking for a "confirmation" of my login details or my registration.  But I thought it was more than just a simple request by somebody who wants to use my login details to trash the TPB website.  I know the US copyright police are looking for any piece of info they can get to nail TPB.  Getting the login info of a member would be an ideal Trojan Horse.  I was a member of Kickass website.  When that boat was sunk, I'm sure the CIA & Homeland Security were elated. The rest of us were devastated.

Now that I've deleted those phishing emails (I've had 3 or 4 so far - the demands have been getting more determined, more demanding with each new email) I'm feeling even more vulnerable. But I'm never going to respond to anything that asks me for my login info. I may be a little naive, but I'm not a total fool.  Smile
Merry Christmas to newcomers and mainstays alike!

May your holidays be joyful and free of incident.

Just don't get suckered in and exploited by the evil marketing machine that slithered its way to the heart of a great tradition that is Christmas. Just being here in this world is everything to be happy for.

John Lennon Wrote:"Let's hope it's a good one, without any fear."
hi....
Hey Pirates! I've been using torrents since the beginning. I've seen sites and uploaders come and go and received more than my fair share of "stop sharing" emails. TPB has been my go-to for almost as long as it's been live.

Thank you for the excellent site, TPB, and the ups, uppers (and seeders)!  Heart
Hello Everyone!!! Wink Wink Wink
(Dec 25, 2016, 23:04 pm)geeker240 Wrote: Thank you for the excellent site, TPB, and the ups, uppers (and seeders)!  Heart

That's what I call good taste! Welcome to the forum!
Quote:Hey Pirates! I've been using torrents since the beginning. I've seen sites and uploaders come and go and received more than my fair share of "stop sharing" emails. TPB has been my go-to for almost as long as it's been live.

Thank you for the excellent site, TPB, and the ups, uppers (and seeders)!

That's well said. Geeker240, I think you'll find not just excellent uploads here, but very friendly members and extremely welcoming mods and admins. It's a great site.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone in here a web creator or etc? Ladyanne3 0 226 Apr 26, 2024, 18:22 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Anyone who lives in Japan here? Ladyanne3 12 1,279 Apr 10, 2024, 01:01 am
Last Post: dueda
  Strongly need a consultation in here!!! GeoH2 14 11,076 Nov 15, 2023, 09:47 am
Last Post: rezwaki
  If an intruder comes into your home what would you say, do etc.? Octo 51 79,936 May 25, 2023, 16:40 pm
Last Post: stormium
  Anyone from the 70s or 80s here? Cause want info about a ghost adoption agency LadyAnn 4 23,312 Oct 18, 2021, 09:30 am
Last Post: LadyAnn