I keep getting a "File cannot be found" when trying to download [Solved -Thanks!]
(Sep 27, 2016, 11:57 am)Kooroe Wrote: daz3d - new gens for V7 more (download torrent) - TPB

Not sure if it's a problem on my end but I keep getting a "File cannot be found" when trying to download, and it's not showing up on TPB when I search for "Daz3d". Something wonky going on?
(Sep 27, 2016, 18:42 pm)Trollkungett Wrote:
(Sep 27, 2016, 11:57 am)Kooroe Wrote: daz3d - new gens for V7 more (download torrent) - TPB

Not sure if it's a problem on my end but I keep getting a "File cannot be found" when trying to download, and it's not showing up on TPB when I search for "Daz3d". Something wonky going on?
Are you still having problems. in my tracker it is showing 25+ seeders so it must be some thing wrong in the routing.
(Sep 28, 2016, 09:17 am)Kooroe Wrote:
(Sep 27, 2016, 18:42 pm)Trollkungett Wrote:

Are you still having problems. in my tracker it is showing 25+ seeders so it must be some thing wrong in the routing.

no problems at my end, downloading normal... and thank you for the rest the updates kooroe! Heart
(Sep 28, 2016, 09:17 am)Kooroe Wrote: Are you still having problems. in my tracker it is showing 25+ seeders so it must be some thing wrong in the routing.

Still can't seem to download it or any other torrents through the piratebay, always shows me a "file cannot be found" webpage when i try to download either the torrent or use the magnet link. It showed up on another torrent site and was able to download it from there for some reason Huh . It seems the problem is on my end though since it does show seeders and leechers.
Thanks for the share, very generous of you and I was able to get the pack in the end!
/split to own thread.

If you have questions, or anything to say that is totally unrelated to a given thread, create a new thread.

Otherwise, people such as site staff, i.e. those who will most likely be able to help you either won't see your question, or won't answer it because doing so would derail the thread.

As for your problem, there is no file on TPB to download. So what you're clicking on is most likely an ad. Do you have an ad blocker? If not, you should.

Otherwise, it's possible you're viewing a scam site rather than the real TPB site https://thepiratebay.org

If you're still having the problem, post a screenshot showing (at least) the popup, and the url of the page you're viewing. And tell us which web browser and torrent client you are using.
This is also an error you will get in Firefox if you don't have an associated handler for magnet links.
Thanks for splitting the thread and trying to help me!

When I hoover over "Get this torrent" I see:
Quote:magnet:?xt=urn:btih:607f50b808bd96214550a239ebae80616783c1df&dn=DAZ3D+-+i13+Executive+Environment,+Outfit+And+Pose+Bundle&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969&tr=udp://zer0day.ch:1337&tr=udp://open.demonii.com:1337&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969&tr=udp://exodus.desync.com:6969
I can copy this link and paste it in qBittorrent and download it that way.

When I click "Get this torrent" it opens this site:
Quote:[Image: Cx3cQwI.png]
I'm using Firefox version 49.0.1 and I have uBlock Origins, Ghostery and Avira running.
In "Firefox -> Options -> Applications" I have set qBittorrent to open Magnet files

Not sure what else I can do, appreciate the help!
Ah, OK, that all sounds good. The "file not found" message is just somewhat misleadingly named. There is no file, the error is being thrown because Firefox doesn't know what to do when you click on that sort of link (and because usually links on a webpage are to files).

Try changing Firefox -> Options -> Applications away from qBitTorrent to "ask each time". And then when it asks, select qBitTorrent. Assuming that works, the next time it ask there will probably be a checkbox somewhere to "remember this" or something like that.

The reason for doing that is that even though it appears Firefox knows it has to open qBittorrent, somehow that setting has gotten corrupted.

If that doesn't work, another way to reset the setting would be to look in the qBitTorrent options for a "File Associations" settings, where you could untick "use qbittorrent for magnet links" and save, and then tick it and save again.
Changing the application setting to "Always Ask" made it possible for me to click the link and have it open with qBittorrent, I appreciate the help Sid!
I recently switched from Deluge to qBittorrent, maybe there were some settings still in play somewhere that messed up how magnet links work, works like charm now though!
Thanks again!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  File Sharing Sites Part 2 CCCC 31 185,291 Dec 21, 2023, 13:39 pm
Last Post: kingofblueberry
  I have completely destroyed my Daz content file folders. vanteal 6 31,148 Aug 20, 2018, 21:23 pm
Last Post: mrposter
  I found this character, but not sure how to use it. vanteal 3 21,065 Jul 06, 2018, 14:25 pm
Last Post: vanteal
  How to use content found on the net in Daz3D LicoriceLover 5 28,312 Mar 05, 2018, 00:05 am
Last Post: noobg
  Have a problem with installing the DAZ3D Torrent file. Can anyone help? Gustavs14 1 17,270 Mar 21, 2017, 04:05 am
Last Post: akizz