How do you install a torrented Parallels for Mac?
I am trying to install Parallels that I torrented, and the Readme file says this which I'm having a hard time understanding:

---

Mojave note: failed to install from the DMG-within-the-DMG, and after manually copying the hidden Parallels app to /Applications and making it visible with
chflags nohidden /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app
codesign --sign - --force --deep /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app

Then double-click Parallels Desktop.app to install.
----

1. "failed to install from the DMG-within-the-DMG" What does this mean?
2. "making it visible with chflags no hidden...." what does making it visible mean?
Hello, I am a newbie in these things and I need a more detailed explanation on how to install Parallels 14
Could you help me please?
Thank you
Josef
In the readme text, I found this message: "Have A Request For Software? No Problem Post it At Using My Tag {B4tman}
<
So B4tmab, if you see this, please help me.
(Apr 27, 2019, 23:10 pm)paragon Wrote: In the readme text, I found this message: "Have A Request For Software? No Problem Post it At Using My Tag {B4tman}
<
So B4tmab, if you see this, please help me.

So, what are the chances of receiving an answer to my question from B4tmab?
Thanks
Josef Huh
The problem is that not many of us here are Mac users.

You need to check the date on the software as far as contacting the poster.

Personally I would suggest Darwine, as it is related to Wine and there are more Linux users here than Apple users.

If your machines have the capacity, probably a VM would be the best bet.
If you actually want help, you are going to need to link to the torrent in question. No one is going to waste their time searching for WTF you are talking about.

Otherwise, use VirtualBox. It is free, so you don't have to jump through hoops to install it.
(Apr 12, 2019, 12:21 pm)paragon Wrote: I am trying to install Parallels that I torrented, and the Readme file says this which I'm having a hard time understanding:

---

Mojave note: failed to install from the DMG-within-the-DMG, and after manually copying the hidden Parallels app to /Applications and making it visible with
chflags nohidden /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app
codesign --sign - --force --deep /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app

Then double-click Parallels Desktop.app to install.
----

1. "failed to install from the DMG-within-the-DMG" What does this mean?
2. "making it visible with chflags no hidden...." what does making it visible mean?

Run Windows applications on your Mac without rebooting. 

Parallels Desktop for Mac is really the world's bestselling, top-evaluated, and most entrusted solution for running Windows applications on your Mac. 

With Parallels Desktop for Mac, you can seamlessly run both Windows and macOS applications side-by-side without rebooting. See here some steps
  • Start Parallels Desktop and click Install Windows or another OS from DVD or image file, then click Continue.
  • Parallels wizard will detect the installation media automatically.
  • Define a name (and adjust location if required) for Windows 10 on your Mac.
(Apr 28, 2019, 23:43 pm)Moe Wrote: If you actually want help, you are going to need to link to the torrent in question.  No one is going to waste their time searching for WTF you are talking about.

Otherwise, use VirtualBox.  It is free, so you don't have to jump through hoops to install it.
I came looking for an answer on how to install this, because Whonix on Virtualbox works like shit since Mojave and VBox 6.x

Honestly I just wanna use Parallels for Whonix so I can use whonix on mac without dying before the browser opens Smile

I just think that version of Parallels on TPB is broken. 14.0.1 by TNT works fine.
(Aug 02, 2019, 13:16 pm)Hache Wrote:
(Apr 28, 2019, 23:43 pm)Moe Wrote: If you actually want help, you are going to need to link to the torrent in question.  No one is going to waste their time searching for WTF you are talking about.

Otherwise, use VirtualBox.  It is free, so you don't have to jump through hoops to install it.
I came looking for an answer on how to install this, because Whonix on Virtualbox works like shit since Mojave and VBox 6.x

Honestly I just wanna use Parallels for Whonix so I can use whonix on mac without dying before the browser opens Smile

I just think that version of Parallels on TPB is broken. 14.0.1 by TNT works fine.

Did you ever figure out how to install it?
Were you confused about the instructions like me? 
What's TPB?
Is it better to stay in High Sierra if you want to keep using Virtualbox?
(Apr 28, 2019, 20:33 pm)waregim Wrote: The problem is that not many of us here are Mac users.

You need to check the date on the software as far as contacting the poster.

Personally I would suggest Darwine, as it is related to Wine and there are more Linux users here than Apple users.

If your machines have the capacity, probably a VM would be the best bet.

Quote:Darwine is the version of Wine for Mac, which is a free implementation of Windows API. It allows you to run on Linux and OS X programs that are made for Microsoft.

Why are you saying VM would be best bet if you personally suggest Darwine?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Foundry MODO 12.0V1 - Mac OSX -- not working jimboblend 0 3,466 Sep 30, 2023, 23:24 pm
Last Post: jimboblend
  Will the old apps work after a Windows re-install? rezwaki 2 5,070 Dec 19, 2022, 13:34 pm
Last Post: rezwaki
  Archicad 21 Mac by distrail - Can't be opened jompele 11 32,401 Jun 18, 2022, 14:41 pm
Last Post: Thomas
  how to install Arnold 3.3.8 [dada].zip dom1987 0 6,760 Apr 23, 2022, 05:07 am
Last Post: dom1987
  Parallels Desktop 17 irondustx 0 9,296 Nov 01, 2021, 13:01 pm
Last Post: irondustx