File list does not load, commenting not working
Even on torrents uploaded today or even yesterday, and in the past month, clicking on the number that shows how many files are in the torrent always shows a blank box. Also commenting is not working. No matter how many times I click 'submit', The comment does not add, not on any torrent whatsoever. I do not even get any 'database errors' or anything, it just nothing happens. File lists and commenting is not working at all.
Have you tried to click on it again?

TPB is currently being replicated into multiple servers, so it takes some time for all servers to received the modifications being made, probably you were redirected to one which wasn't updated yet, give it time.

Some other stuff which may be mess with the comment, sometimes it's a word which is blacklisted.
It has been like that for a couple of weeks, no clicking it again does not show the contents and clicking submit again does not submit the comment

edit: If it were blacklisted, I'd get a database error. and it does this on all comments, regardless of what it is. It definitely is not a blacklisted word.
Works fine on this side...
You're blocking javascript (or you're using a proxy which is blocking it) which those functions require. Stop blocking it and you will find everything works fine.
No, I do not have anything blocking javascript. Javascript is allowed, the only thing I have in means of blocking is AdBlock Plus. I do not use any proxies either.
Well, regardless, your browser or some browser add on is blocking it.  That's why it isn't working for you.  As you already noted, if that weren't the case, something would happen, even if it was an error.
Hi,

I don't get any kind of "database error" message whenever I try to comment. I just click the submit button and nothing happens. I'm on Opera using the proxy extension "Browsec" since TPB is blocked in my country. I'm not using any adblocking software. What's the problem? Thanks.
You need to be logged into the official TPB domain in order to upload or leave a comment. If you have javascript disabled, you'll need to enable it for functions such as leaving comments, viewing a filelist, uploading etc. Occasionally, you'll get nothing happening if the comment you're trying to leave is overly long, so try shortening it if that is the case.

Post split from Wrong Code thread and merged with filelist/commenting not working thread.
(Jul 29, 2016, 09:11 am)Spud17 Wrote: You need to be logged into the official TPB domain in order to upload or leave a comment. If you have javascript disabled, you'll need to enable it for functions such as leaving comments, viewing a filelist, uploading etc. Occasionally, you'll get nothing happening if the comment you're trying to leave is overly long, so try shortening it if that is the case.

Post split from Wrong Code thread and merged with filelist/commenting not working thread.

I'm logged into https://thepiratebay.org, is that the official domain? Javascript is enabled.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does TPB now prompt to install a downloader kintocloud 3 274 Mar 22, 2024, 04:20 am
Last Post: SectorVector
  Why does main.js not load? HenryCan 3 2,280 Dec 08, 2023, 01:06 am
Last Post: kron
  DL links not working?? Scruffy 1 2,518 Oct 15, 2023, 09:03 am
Last Post: kron
  SuprBay: TPB Search function and queries not working. blehbleh25 1 3,403 Sep 26, 2023, 03:37 am
Last Post: EddieXTC
  Magnet link not working BeastLord 4 4,285 Aug 09, 2023, 22:36 pm
Last Post: BeastLord