Downloads to uTorrent after Upgrade to uTorrent Pro
I recently upgraded to uTorrent Pro. Since then when I click on the "magnet" of a Pirate Bay file the uTorrent Pro program gets stuck on the message "Connecting to peers". This never happened before the upgrade ….. any suggestions?

I recently upgraded to uTorrent Pro. Since then when I click on the "magnet" of a Pirate Bay file the uTorrent Pro program gets stuck on the message "Connecting to peers". This never happened before the upgrade. Any suggestions as to how to correct>
downgrade to the last version you were using.
Check to make sure all the settings are the same.

Also check that the new uT and the old uT executables and paths are in the same place with the same name.

Browser might be downloading torrent files into default location from old version, but the new one might not be able to process correctly.

Also: Check firewall.
(Mar 29, 2020, 16:03 pm)waregim Wrote: Also: Check firewall.

That's the first place I'd look if OP is running a firewall that has application based rules.

The first step in starting a torrent is finding peers either from one of the included trackers or from DHT. DHT requires the ability to make outgoing UDP connections. Querying a tracker requires the ability to make HTTP, HTTPS, or UDP connections depending on the tracker. TPB uses UDP trackers exclusively.

So, if OP can't start any torrent from TPB, it is highly likely the ability to make outgoing UDP connections is blocked.
There's no reason to upgrade to 'uTorrent Pro', no real advantage at all.  I guess you wasted your time really there's nothing wrong with the regular normal version of uTorrent.

Like stormium said, just go back to your original version of it again.  It's like trying to upgrade to the Pro version of Malwarebytes, it's just pointless and will cause more problems.  Pro Malwarebytes is a stupid program that causes stupid problems.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to move to the next page of downloads ? ReleaseZeKraken 3 4,834 Jun 01, 2023, 01:12 am
Last Post: SectorVector
  Anyone know where Amazon Prime downloads the video on your phone? Ladyanne3 14 9,734 Apr 16, 2023, 21:47 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Unable to download Utorrent ? mughaljee 2 8,286 Sep 15, 2022, 00:07 am
Last Post: mughaljee
  Project Veritas goes after the vaccine Ladyanne3 23 32,750 Sep 28, 2021, 14:37 pm
Last Post: LadyAnn
  After years I am back to uploading torrents PsychedelicFox 12 20,518 Jun 17, 2020, 03:00 am
Last Post: donkey