Anyone know where Amazon Prime downloads the video on your phone?
This looked too good to be true.

I downloaded a movie using my app and I want to transfer it to my computer.  Ultimately, I want to make it an availble share.
Can't you just use a USB cable?
The problem you face is that Amazon have already thought all about that and they have tagged up the content so that it can be IDed so you'd be found out if you did that.  They don't want you to just share it freely they want you to pay and everybody else to do the same.  Having something tagged up means they can trace it back to you through the use of certain codes and tracking details...
(Mar 30, 2023, 18:01 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: The problem you face is that Amazon have already thought all about that and they have tagged up the content so that it can be IDed so you'd be found out if you did that.  They don't want you to just share it freely they want you to pay and everybody else to do the same.  Having something tagged up means they can trace it back to you through the use of certain codes and tracking details...

I can remove the tags. I just don't know the file location.

(Mar 30, 2023, 17:59 pm)RobertX Wrote: Can't you just use a USB cable?

When I find the file location I'll do that
(Mar 31, 2023, 07:57 am)Ladyanne3 Wrote:
(Mar 30, 2023, 18:01 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: The problem you face is that Amazon have already thought all about that and they have tagged up the content so that it can be IDed so you'd be found out if you did that.  They don't want you to just share it freely they want you to pay and everybody else to do the same.  Having something tagged up means they can trace it back to you through the use of certain codes and tracking details...

I can remove the tags. I just don't know the file location.

It's probably that you won't be able to remove that, in most cases like a watermark which is impossible to remove from the actual file. You wouldn't even believe the amount of money they pour into these matters so it can be completely traced back to the person who originally bought the said content. If you do plan on sharing something that you've bought expect to be caught eventually and red handed in most cases either a knock on the door or a nasty legal letter. You can believe that Amazon have thought about everything and will have invested millions into the matter.
(Mar 30, 2023, 14:35 pm)Ladyanne3 Wrote: This looked too good to be true.

I downloaded a movie using my app and I want to transfer it to my computer.  Ultimately, I want to make it an availble share.

Then it is too good to be true--particularly since this involves Amazon.  Their CEO literally looks like Dr. Evil for chrissakes.  He most likely has an evil lap cat, too.

Unless you have some mad DRM removal skills, you would do better to be patient and wait for a torrent.
(Mar 31, 2023, 10:14 am)CaptButler Wrote:
(Mar 30, 2023, 14:35 pm)Ladyanne3 Wrote: This looked too good to be true.

Then it is too good to be true--particularly since this involves Amazon.  Their CEO literally looks like Dr. Evil for chrissakes.  He most likely has an evil lap cat, too.

Unless you have some mad DRM removal skills, you would do better to be patient and wait for a torrent.

1. Removing DRM is easy. Use old tech to export the video via firewire to a camera and then re-capture back to your computer.

2. The movie was released in 1968 so I doubt that there's going to be a torrent
It seems to me that the tech used to hide the media file on your phone is the DRM in this case.  My guess is it got divided into a number of smaller and weirdly-named files to make it very hard to find.  I strongly suspect Randy is correct in thinking that even if you do manage to transfer the media to your computer, the file will be traceable if you upload it.

The real mystery here is why Amazon would bother to use such a hella sophisticated and expensive piece of tech on a film released in 1968.*  I'm not an evil bald guy with an evil cat, so I have no insight to offer there . . . .

It isn't Ice Station Zebra by any chance, is it?
(Mar 31, 2023, 21:05 pm)CaptButler Wrote: It seems to me that the tech used to hide the media file on your phone is the DRM in this case.  My guess is it got divided into a number of smaller and weirdly-named files to make it very hard to find.  I strongly suspect Randy is correct in thinking that even if you do manage to transfer the media to your computer, the file will be traceable if you upload it.

The real mystery here is why Amazon would bother to use such a hella sophisticated and expensive piece of tech on a film released in 1968.*  I'm not an evil bald guy with an evil cat, so I have no insight to offer there . . . .

It isn't Ice Station Zebra by any chance, is it?

I wonder if I can blue tooth it to a TV and then use HDMI to capture it to a camera
A cam? We hate cams!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can anyone with a megaupload account help me? Ladyanne3 0 602 Feb 17, 2024, 16:51 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Amazon EC2 Instances on Torrents UserHEVC 5 1,250 Feb 06, 2024, 11:27 am
Last Post: UserHEVC
  Anyone know how to create a .onion site? Ladyanne3 1 1,919 Dec 16, 2023, 08:55 am
Last Post: LZA
  Anyone know of a french site like Tubi? Ladyanne3 19 4,258 Dec 14, 2023, 11:13 am
Last Post: CaptButler
  Anyone have any experience installing a xenforo forum? Ladyanne3 1 4,419 Jun 30, 2023, 03:50 am
Last Post: snx