Poll: Do you still buy DVDs?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
55.56%
5 55.56%
Yes
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you still buy DVDs?
Do any of you still prefer purchasing physical DVDs?

Feel free to leave your comments below!
In general, no.  But I will if I don't have a decent pirated version, or none at all.  I suspect that's what most people here would say also.
Yes and no.

I do buy blank DVDs to record videos and games on.

However, I rarely buy retail versions of movies, TV shows, and games since they're not available in most places. These days, I go to the library and borrow DVDs to rip and return.

That's basically my life for the most part.
No do they still sell DVD players if so what about VHS Smile
nope, only digital downloads
(Feb 18, 2024, 18:50 pm)CaptButler Wrote: In general, no.  But I will if I don't have a decent pirated version, or none at all.  I suspect that's what most people here would say also.

Yup. Excellent answer.  I definitely agree.
The reason I stopped buying retails is the lack of competitors in my area.

So far, the local Walmart is the only one store that sells DVDs. Stores like Sam the Record Man, Starstruck Entertainment, and HMV (His Master's Voice) have ceased to exist and the market has all but dried up.

Now, the local library is the go-to place for DVDs, mainly because it's plentiful, it's free, and it's closer to me than the mall that Walmart is situated in.

Did I mention it's free as well? Big Grin
(Apr 19, 2024, 22:38 pm)RobertX Wrote: The reason I stopped buying retails is the lack of competitors in my area.

So far, the local Walmart is the only one store that sells DVDs. Stores like Sam the Record Man, Starstruck Entertainment, and HMV (His Master's Voice) have ceased to exist and the market has all but dried up.

Now, the local library is the go-to place for DVDs, mainly because it's plentiful, it's free, and it's closer to me than the mall that Walmart is situated in.

Did I mention it's free as well? Big Grin

The discount stores where I live still sell prerecorded material, all pretty much older stuff (movies, serials and TV shows).  I see less and less of it as time goes on, though.
Well then, tell your homies to come to Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and setup shop here.

I would buy from them!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4K Movies and Music Videos YOU Want___0l0___ To Upload 4 You on TPB ___0l0___ 15 42,815 Sep 25, 2017, 21:21 pm
Last Post: Moe
  Does anybody still watch DVDSCR copies? renhoek93 15 37,054 Apr 23, 2016, 14:18 pm
Last Post: penis
  Why YIFY encodes are technically HD but still bad Amosquu 3 26,350 Apr 21, 2015, 07:52 am
Last Post: Amosquu