Poll: What is your preferred sample rate?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
44.1 kHz
9.09%
1 9.09%
48 kHz
45.45%
5 45.45%
88.2 kHz
0%
0 0%
96 kHz
45.45%
5 45.45%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you guys want more vinyl content?
Classic rock sounds the best on vinyl. Especially if you grew up with records. When I started buying albums in the 80's, CD's were brand new and expensive (especially CD players), so vinyl was still very popular and not too expensive. After I bought a record, the first thing I would do is record it to tape, so I could listen to it in the car.

Analog recordings just have a warmer sound.
Well, the warm probably comes from the fact that CD is usually stuck to 44.1kh, and what you're hearing is noise from above that. And to be honest, I dont see the point of going above 48khz, and if evolution has something to say, our hearing is getting worse.

Personally, I do have about 250 vinyls, but if I could, I would prefer cleaner digital version of the tracks appearing on them.
(May 20, 2017, 03:42 am)Q91 Wrote: Well, the warm probably comes from the fact that CD is usually stuck to 44.1kh, and what you're hearing is noise from above that. And to be honest, I dont see the point of going above 48khz, and if evolution has something to say, our hearing is getting worse.

Personally, I do have about 250 vinyls, but if I could, I would prefer cleaner digital version of the tracks appearing on them.

The warmth comes from an EQ curve that is used to print the vinyl record and the reverse curve that is applied during playback.

Even if sample rate had any bearing, warmth would probably be the last word anyone would apply to high frequency noise. Of course, 44.1K has already captured everything anyone can possibly hear, and vinyl can't even capture that far, so really that isn't true.
The appeal of vinyl is the object itself, it's a dead-tech fetish, very hipster trendy.
Of course, downloading a file, no matter the sample rate or whatever, misses the point entirely.

[Image: NawxUSB.jpg]
well the trend of buying vinyl is still increasing, even if it's lowered last year compared to 2015. But it's still about 1000% more than 10 years ago me thinks Tongue
(May 21, 2017, 07:40 am)Q91 Wrote: well the trend of buying vinyl is still increasing, even if it's lowered last year compared to 2015. But it's still about 1000% more than 10 years ago me thinks Tongue

Just speaking for myself, but I find a bit more of a distinction between analog and digital than vinyl and a later recording medium. Vinyl introduces elements into the mix that I frankly don't want to deal with--such as potential scratches, groove wear, physical surfaces that may succumb to bowing, etc. And I write this as somebody who *still* maintains the old, very large vinyl LP collection they grew in the 1960s and 70s, mainly because a fair amount of it has never been rereleased.
I wouldn't mind more 44 content

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone tell me what I need to watch out for when buying a vinyl record? Ladyanne3 3 447 Mar 19, 2024, 07:05 am
Last Post: ill88eagle
  Want Free Electronic/IDM For Free? (MIGHT EXPIRE) musicuploader33 1 625 Mar 14, 2024, 19:11 pm
Last Post: Anoid
  Do you guys listen to Chinese Music? RobertX 29 51,427 Jan 07, 2023, 03:17 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Audio codecs: 16/24 bits FLAC. Vinyl. etc .. blu_people 18 48,687 Sep 11, 2020, 10:01 am
Last Post: chrisfound
  [split] rename this if you want people to bother reading it. PrecipiceDrive 0 12,327 Feb 26, 2019, 15:48 pm
Last Post: PrecipiceDrive