Cannot Seed my own Distribution
(Nov 23, 2023, 01:57 am)kron Wrote: Your Selected Folder is probably one-level lower than it should be. Most common error.

Start again.
Let's say you use qbittorrent.
You are not going to be clicking any magnet.

(1) First, clear any existing tasks for this torrent.
Right-click torrent -> Remove - uncheck 'Also permanentaly remove files' (DONT DELETE YOUR ACTUAL FILES).

(2) Now Create a Fresh torrent + Seed it.
Tools -> Torrent Creator
-> Select File / Select Folder (if you are uploading a folder full of files, chose Select Folder)
-> Check Start seeding immediately
-> Uncheck Private torrent
-> Add trackers if you wish
-> Create torrent
close the window.
Now you should have a task in your qBit which shows 100 %
Ensure the Hash of the created torrent matches that you have uploaded to TPB.
Else, re-upload this new torrent and request for deletion of the older one via your Account Issues Thread.

Still not working ?
Try once again.
Post images of General and Content tabs (lower-panel) in qBit + Windows File Explorer snap where file/files are stored.
Lots of tutorials on the Net. Try them too.

Thank you for the advice. I recreated the torrent according to your instruction. The new torrent did NOT match the hash of the old one so I re-uploaded the new torrent (https://thepiratebay.org/description.php?id=73882727) and requested deletion of the old torrent. The progress bar reads 100% and I appear to have some upload speed so it might be working now.

General Image:
[Image: w89RlLn.png]
Content Image:
[Image: 7NxTxOU.png]

Do my images reveal any errors? I tested it by opening the new magnet link with a different client (set with a different download location) and it is stuck at 0.0% completion Undecided .

Is it working for anyone?
I got the "downloading meatadata from two peers" status message, but never got the metadata. I take it those 2 peers were your 2 active clients. Im on a dubious african connection so the lack of data transferred might be my setup (havent messed with the router yet since i moved here 3 weeks ago).
it's working i've been able to download. heh i'll seed it (qbittorrent)
(Nov 23, 2023, 16:06 pm)dickhead Wrote: I got the "downloading meatadata from two peers" status message, but never got the metadata. I take it those 2 peers were your 2 active clients. Im on a dubious african connection so the lack of data transferred might be my setup (havent messed with the router yet since i moved here 3 weeks ago).

Is messing with the router standard practice for torrenting? I see some tutorials mention it (including this site's FAQs) but I've been torrenting for years without needing to. Granted, I've only started making my own torrents within the last week...

looks like user the_munitor was succesful with downloading the album so I think its in good shape now Smile thank you for your help troubleshooting and I hope you're enjoying your new African digs.

(Nov 23, 2023, 17:30 pm)the_munitor Wrote: it's working i've been able to download. heh i'll seed it (qbittorrent)

Wooo! Thank you for your help troubleshooting (and seeding) Smile
(Nov 24, 2023, 12:23 pm)GuyStandingSitting Wrote: Is messing with the router standard practice for torrenting? I see some tutorials mention it (including this site's FAQs) but I've been torrenting for years without needing to. Granted, I've only started making my own torrents within the last week...

Some routers hve automatic NAT forweadring or whatever its called, and it just works (most of the time). In other cases you have to mess with manually forwarding a port. In my case the wifi is included in the rental and its a 4 story appartment complex with one guy handling the internets(kinda like campus wifi i reckon)... I fear if i start torrenting i will screw up everybodys connection lol
Same problems cant seed my torrent
Most likely port-forwarding related issues with your ISP
suprbay hicking up lol. There used to be a site: portforward.com

(Nov 23, 2023, 01:57 am)kron Wrote: Your Selected Folder is probably one-level lower than it should be. Most common error.

Start again.
Let's say you use qbittorrent.
You are not going to be clicking any magnet.

(1) First, clear any existing tasks for this torrent.
Right-click torrent -> Remove - uncheck 'Also permanentaly remove files' (DONT DELETE YOUR ACTUAL FILES).

(2) Now Create a Fresh torrent + Seed it.
Tools -> Torrent Creator
-> Select File / Select Folder (if you are uploading a folder full of files, chose Select Folder)
-> Check Start seeding immediately
-> Uncheck Private torrent
-> Add trackers if you wish
-> Create torrent
close the window.
Now you should have a task in your qBit which shows 100 %
Ensure the Hash of the created torrent matches that you have uploaded to TPB.
Else, re-upload this new torrent and request for deletion of the older one via your Account Issues Thread.

Still not working ?
Try once again.
Post images of General and Content tabs (lower-panel) in qBit + Windows File Explorer snap where file/files are stored.
Lots of tutorials on the Net. Try them too.

(Nov 26, 2023, 07:24 am)dirtybastard Wrote: Same problems cant seed my torrent

What's the issue? did you try the directions posted by user kron?
What's the recommended list of trackers to use?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I make my own floor plan? smerget 5 5,895 Jul 17, 2023, 06:07 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Do I need a VPN if I host my own DNS server? Kiro 5 12,330 Oct 13, 2021, 14:27 pm
Last Post: Kiro
  cannot log in burt007 3 13,834 Sep 26, 2020, 15:00 pm
Last Post: Spud17
  Uploading my own podcast? ChrisCantwell 1 10,694 Jun 04, 2019, 06:50 am
Last Post: Vox
  Pirate Bay To Open Its Own .PIRATE Domain Name Registry Ernesto 15 36,758 Jan 18, 2018, 05:09 am
Last Post: joew771