Arlecho's ScreenConnect 6 releases
Not sure what to do with this one, tried all kinds of changes to the DB Maintenance, tried rebooting the server multiple times, all without any issues.

Could you try stopping the server and using a sqlite editor to view and optimize the DB files?
(Jun 08, 2023, 05:15 am)Arlecho Wrote: Not sure what to do with this one, tried all kinds of changes to the DB Maintenance, tried rebooting the server multiple times, all without any issues.

Could you try stopping the server and using a sqlite editor to view and optimize the DB files?

How can it be this? I delete sessiondb, start SC, new sessiondb creates, 10 seconds later I stop and restart and sessiondb is already fucked.

Do you want to arrange a time to connect to one of my computers or screen share via Discord or something?
I have the same problems, after upgrading to 23.4.3.8545 and patching....

Repair did not help.

What can I do to help test and find the cause ?

Now reverted back to the previous version.
I finally cut my losses... I believe the database has some sort of corruption or maybe an extension altered the database which is causing the failures.

I recorded all of my settings & customization and performed a fresh install which is working just fine. It was a lot of work and I had to re-install all of my access clients but I spent far less time on the fresh install than I did troubleshooting the failed upgrades.
(Jun 08, 2023, 21:27 pm)mikepool Wrote: I finally cut my losses... I believe the database has some sort of corruption or maybe an extension altered the database which is causing the failures.

I recorded all of my settings & customization and performed a fresh install which is working just fine. It was a lot of work and I had to re-install all of my access clients but I spent far less time on the fresh install than I did troubleshooting the failed upgrades.

Yeah, I don't know in what capacity you're using it, but here's mine https://imgur.com/CjBOmgR

I need to resolve the issue. It should be something fairly simple.
(Jun 09, 2023, 04:57 am)Sinauth Wrote: I need to resolve the issue. It should be something fairly simple.
Have you found a way to view the structure of the database? Maybe perform a fresh install on a temp VM and compare it's database structure to your existing database. Also look at the database structure of the existing database before and after a server reboot to see is something changed.

Mine got to the point to where it would not do anything with the old database. If I deleted it, it would not regenerate and replacing it with a backup stopped working too.
(Jun 09, 2023, 06:38 am)mikepool Wrote:
(Jun 09, 2023, 04:57 am)Sinauth Wrote: I need to resolve the issue. It should be something fairly simple.
Have you found a way to view the structure of the database? Maybe perform a fresh install on a temp VM and compare it's database structure to your existing database. Also look at the database structure of the existing database before and after a server reboot to see is something changed.

Mine got to the point to where it would not do anything with the old database. If I deleted it, it would not regenerate and replacing it with a backup stopped working too.

I've not looked into SQL lite as of yet. I will have time this Sunday to being comparing a new install to the existing installs. Do you (or Arlecho) know what generates SessionDB?

Edit: We need to get to the bottom of this and not just ignore it with fresh installs. What if this happens again next upgrade or 12 months down the line? Pain.
(Jun 09, 2023, 07:01 am)Sinauth Wrote: Edit: We need to get to the bottom of this and not just ignore it with fresh installs. What if this happens again next upgrade or 12 months down the line? Pain.
Well, that's what a paid license and support are for. Without that, you take the path that makes the most sense. It's nice to get to the bottom of things but sometimes it's wiser to cut your losses and move forward if you do not have the knowledge or needed resources at your disposal. This is the first issue of this kind in how many years?

Because I don't have paid support, I've streamlined my installation with less customization and extensions (K.I.S.S.) and I'm going to script my uninstall/reinstall of Access clients so if something similar happens again, my next experience will be near "painless".
(Jun 09, 2023, 07:01 am)Sinauth Wrote:
(Jun 09, 2023, 06:38 am)mikepool Wrote:

I've not looked into SQL lite as of yet. I will have time this Sunday to being comparing a new install to the existing installs. Do you (or Arlecho) know what generates SessionDB?

Edit: We need to get to the bottom of this and not just ignore it with fresh installs. What if this happens again next upgrade or 12 months down the line? Pain.

While I'm sure everyone here can sympathize, keep in mind this is freely given of Arlechos time, and demanding posts like this are what cause far too many talented devs to leave the scene over time.  Not to mention if you're honestly using this software for that many machines, it's pretty certainly business related which is where there's a case to be made about the wisdom of investing in the stability & support of official channels. 

I'm not trying to be an ass here, but Arlecho does this shit for free.  And when clean installs don't have the issue there's just not really much else Arlechos needs (or can reasonably be expected to) devote his valuable time troubleshooting.
This is a hard one to debug, cannot replicate it myself and a lot of people seem to be having no issues.

If you are reliant on this product and cannot accept downtime or some time loss due to debugging, buy the product.

One can always contact their support forum and just report broken upgrades (or even just search there to start with).

As soon as someone finds a promising lead I'll most definately help debug it and maybe even help patch it if possible.
Quite simply I do not have the time to fix what is most probably a bug in their product Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RodneyYouPlonker film releases RodneyYouPlonker 312 316,510 Apr 04, 2024, 02:39 am
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker
  UserHEVC Releases (Movies) UserHEVC 7 2,239 Feb 04, 2024, 10:12 am
Last Post: UserHEVC
  PHaGE Releases PHaGE 0 3,549 Aug 05, 2023, 16:30 pm
Last Post: PHaGE
  Faithwyn Releases Faithwyn 291 335,652 Jun 07, 2023, 02:08 am
Last Post: Faithwyn
  SeuPirate Releases SeuPirate 38 112,865 Jul 07, 2022, 17:36 pm
Last Post: datsc