Are you able to change the hash of one torrent?
Are you able to change the hash of one torrent? i just change the root folder and updated the torrent, but on TPB is different hash..
No.

A torrent hash is the result of a defined series of mathematical operations performed upon a set of files and folders.

If you change the files or folders in any way then the result of the calculation will be different.

So when someone downloads a torrent you have created and uploaded, their torrent client performs the defined series of calculations upon their copy of the set of files and folders and compares the result to the torrent hash to determine whether their copy is 100% identical to the set of files and folders that existed on your computer at the time you created the torrent file.

If you change something about the files/folders and create a new torrent it will therefore have a different hash to the old torrent. i.e. it will be a brand new torrent describing a set of files and folders which is different to the previous set.
Thanks, now I understand Smile It makes all sense..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excel insert multiple image at once rather than doing it one by one zillah 0 6,839 Apr 16, 2022, 02:54 am
Last Post: zillah
  I need a program to change language in video files cooltwou 6 11,261 Sep 14, 2021, 17:45 pm
Last Post: cooltwou
  Not able to download any torrents. Tried on 2 different networks. jasmine_tea_ 3 14,791 Jan 10, 2021, 12:58 pm
Last Post: Moe
  Navi TomTom ONE XL -- Upgrade and NEW MAPS EzioAuditoreDaFirenze 2 11,803 Apr 20, 2019, 07:55 am
Last Post: EzioAuditoreDaFirenze
  Looking for a way to change client name ? tops.c 7 20,069 Nov 29, 2018, 07:43 am
Last Post: tops.c