Archicad 21 Mac by distrail - Can't be opened
I just installed the app by the instructions included, but when trying to launch the app I get an error stating only that the application cannot be opened. Has anyone else tried to install it? Any help would be highly appreciated... Running OSX 10.13.6
It might be because you are running high sierra which has some new security measures.
(Jul 23, 2018, 13:46 pm)contrail Wrote: It might be because you are running high sierra which has some new security measures.

I had the same problem and solved it like this.

Change cracked ARCHICAD file from a plain text file into a Unix Executable File following this instruction:

Open Terminal.

type:

Code:

Code:
chmod +x

...with a space at the end (and do NOT press enter yet).

Then, drag the file you want to change from the Finder and drop it on top of the Terminal window. The file path and filename should automatically fill in (and you should ensure that there's a space between "+x" and the file path).

Press enter.
(Sep 03, 2018, 12:38 pm)localhubot Wrote:
(Jul 23, 2018, 13:46 pm)contrail Wrote: It might be because you are running high sierra which has some new security measures.

Change cracked ARCHICAD file from a plain text file into a Unix Executable File following this instruction:

Open Terminal.

type:

Code:

Code:
chmod +x

Then, drag the file you want to change from the Finder and drop it on top of the Terminal window. The file path and filename should automatically fill in (and you should ensure that there's a space between "+x" and the file path).

Press enter.

I tried this but with no success. Which file is draged into Terminal?

(Jun 25, 2019, 14:04 pm)jjj666 Wrote:

Open Terminal.

type:

Code:

Code:
chmod +x

Press enter.

(Jun 25, 2019, 14:04 pm)jjj666 Wrote:

Open Terminal.

type:

Code:

Code:
chmod +x

Press enter.

Open Terminal.

type:

Code:

Code:
chmod +x

Press enter.

Yo man, Thanks it works for me. As you told, I put chmod +x originalarchicad21filepath replacingarchicadcrackpath
Finally solved and freaking happy hell yea!  Smile Cool Cool Cool

Is it possible to solve it somehow with high sierra?
I downloaded toon boom storyboard program uploaded by distrail and it didn't work I'm just thinking this guy's torrents don't work saw some similar stuff on here too.
(Jul 03, 2019, 12:12 pm)anand Wrote:

Open Terminal.

type:

Code:

Code:
chmod +x

Press enter.

Yo man, Thanks it works for me. As you told, I put chmod +x originalarchicad21filepath replacingarchicadcrackpath
Finally solved and freaking happy hell yea!  Smile Cool Cool Cool
YESS! worked fine for me too! (even with HighSierra) Thank's for that!Heart

Open Terminal.

type:

Code:

Code:
chmod +x

Press enter.

THIS ABSOLUTELY WORKED!! THANK YOU
Hey all- tried doing this on a new Apple running Monterey.
I'm not a genius but I think i followed all this properly. Any advice?

(Dec 14, 2021, 19:19 pm)Chubby Tycoon Wrote: Hey all- tried doing this on a new Apple running Monterey.
I'm not a genius but I think i followed all this properly. Any advice?

I tried a couple of different times and it either says "ArchiCAD quit unexpectedly" or "ArchiCAD can't run" - I think I've got it now to a point where it says it quit unexpectedly (which I think is a good sign??) haha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Foundry MODO 12.0V1 - Mac OSX -- not working jimboblend 0 3,463 Sep 30, 2023, 23:24 pm
Last Post: jimboblend
  [split] Adobe Illustrator CC Mac Powerstruggle 2 12,921 Mar 14, 2021, 16:44 pm
Last Post: workerbee
  Autodesk Maya 2018.1 by distrail MayaBach 0 10,111 Aug 15, 2020, 09:14 am
Last Post: MayaBach
  Avid Media Composer 8.1.0 Mac OS X (patch) [ChingLiu] hmaher 3 17,184 Aug 04, 2020, 20:04 pm
Last Post: LillyLacTac
  Toon Boom Storyboard Pro activation not working (by Distrail for MacOs) zilverulquiorra 1 12,562 Jul 26, 2020, 05:52 am
Last Post: shiva