All Rifftrax Shorts
"At this point we're mostly just lacking official MPEGs of Beginning Responsibility: Lunchroom Manners, The Terrible Truth, Why Doesn't Cathy Eat Breakfast? / Petaluma Chicken, Safety: Harm Hides At Home, One Got Fat, Drugs Are Like That, Right Or Wrong?: Making Moral Decisions, The Trouble With Women, Each Child Is Different, Kitty Cleans Up, Why Vandalism?, Good Health Practices, Self-Conscious Guy, Playing Together, Your Chance To Live: Technological Failures, Understanding Your Ideals, Going Steady?, Primary Safety: In The School Building, What About Juvenile Delinquency?, Snap Out Of It!, Toward Emotional Maturity, Highway Mania, Teenagers On Trial, The Case Of Tommy Tucker (both parts), Women In Blue, Molly Grows Up, The Story Of A Teenage Drug Addict, The Following Instructions Game, Little Lost Scent, Mr. Moto Takes A Walk, Seat Belts: The Lifesaving Habit, Kittens: Birth And Growth, Reading: Who Needs It?, Summer Is An Adventure, Reading Growth: Basic Skills, Geography Of Your Community, The Parts Of Speech, Watch Out For My Plant, Values: The Right Thing To Do, Family Teamwork, Pearl Of The Orient, Individual Differences, Whatever The Weather, Mealtime Manners And Health, Things Are Different Now, William's Doll, Library World, The Fad Diet Circus, More Dangerous Than Dynamite, Telephone For Help, What If We Had A Fire?, Seven Little Ducks, You Can Do Something About Acne, Safe Living At School, Walking To School, The Red Hen, Eggs To Market, We Discover The Dictionary, Feelings: I'm Feeling Alone, What Are Letters For?, Jobs In Cosmetology, What Makes Things Float?, Let's Pretend: Magic Sneakers, The Clean Club, The Toymaker, and Perc! Pop! Sprinkle!"

I have some of those in mpg format if your interested. I grabbed them back in 2015.
Also...you all said you are missing some....please give me a list and i can go thru my set and put what i have on mega.

[Image: xeFjd9a.png]

ok this might be easier...any interest?
I mean, strictly speaking, none of the stuff that doesn't have an MPEG version is actually important. The size vs. quality isn't great on MPEG releases, so it's probably not worth the effort. I was just noting what was missing for completionists. A lot of that stuff has my DVDrips for the shorts; those are probably as good as the MPEGS, if not better. So I'm not sure any of it really matters. Though any of the ones on the list with just a low re-encode / no "High TV" or "mp4 for tablets" could use a better version, if you've got one.
(Sep 21, 2020, 23:44 pm)BadFilms Wrote: I mean, strictly speaking, none of the stuff that doesn't have an MPEG version is actually important. The size vs. quality isn't great on MPEG releases, so it's probably not worth the effort. I was just noting what was missing for completionists. A lot of that stuff has my DVDrips for the shorts; those are probably as good as the MPEGS, if not better. So I'm not sure any of it really matters. Though any of the ones on the list with just a low re-encode / no "High TV" or "mp4 for tablets" could use a better version, if you've got one.

like i said...i have the mpg's...all have the Rifftrax bumpers at the end. I did notice the bitrate was less on your DVDrips compared to the original mpg (and almost double than the "HighTV" versions)...and of course the bumpers are removed on your rips so the times differ. What I could do is go ahead and dump all my mpgs into a folder and let everyone decide what they want to grab or not. I won't include the avi or wmv (obviously they are inferior)

I assumed you were looking for the originals of all the items you put in your post. If you feel your dvdrips "as good as the MPEGS, if not better."...then i can certainly pull back my offer. I don't want to step on your toes. I was merely offering an alternative selection.

as a 'for instance'...here is one example of a HighTV comparison (no need to belabor more than one....1 example is plenty):

posted "Coffee House Rendezvous (HighTV)" data rate/total bitrate - 2463kbps/2620kbps
my "Coffee House" data rate/total bitrate - 4000kbps/4128kbps
length is exactly the same, frame width/height is exactly the same
the only difference i see besides the data/bit is in the AUDIO bitrate...which for your "highTV" is 157kpbs...and mine is 128kbps...so yeah the hightv is a perceptible bit better audiowise...

As for your DVDrips...again here is one example for comparison:

posted "One Got Fat" (DVDrip) date rate/total bitrate - 3602kbps/3794kbps
my "One Got Fat" date rate/total bitrate - 4000kpbs/4128kbps
my length is greater by 9 secongs (rifftrax bumper), frame width/height is exactly the same
again...your audio bitrate is better - 191kbps vs my 128kbps...

yes yours is "as good as" the MPEGS (no one is going to notice a real difference of 400kbps)

I am not here to compete with any of you...I came only to offer what I have to fellow fans...that's all. I know this thread is your baby, and believe me, I am grabbing everything the links provide, not just because i am a huge fan of MST3K, Rifftrax, Cinematic Titanic, Film Crew, The Frank, Edward The Less, 372 Pages We'll Never Get Back, Bill Corbett's Funhouse or Movie Sign With The Mads...but because i am an archivist. Hell, I have over 3Tb just in my 'Rifftrax' folder (not including the shorts, we are talking full movies). I won't even mention what i have in the other 81Tb of my current archives. (and growing constantly)

You mentioned that the mpg list you provided was for completionists only...well...as an archivist...I AM a completionist. If, as you say "it's probably not worth the effort" and "I'm not sure any of it matters"...well then...simply say 'thanks anyway...but no thanks'

fnord
Well, the MPG files are MPEG2 and the DVDrips are AVC x264, so - practically speaking - the MPEGs would have to be multiples higher in bitrate to be superior to the AVC because of its drastically better compression. That's one of the big downsides to their early encoding, though that was back in the day that people were still using Divx/Xvid pretty commonly. Too bad they've never gone back and re-encoded all the old videos for better quality and size.

My point was moreso that it isn't really that important. If you've got them, have the space, and have the time - by all means - feel free to put them up. Definitely for those several that don't have any good releases at all (like Courtesy Counts A Lot or Remember Me) and the multipart ones like The Case Of Tommy Tucker that are a single video on the DVDs. But if you've got the bandwidth and a MEGA account to dump them into or something, feel free to post a link when you're done. I'm not sure every one of them warrants it, but it'd probably take more time to sort through them than to just dump them all into a folder. It never hurts to have all the original files available.
List of updated shorts (due to Mega killing off over-limit accounts):
Does anyone have A Song for Santa? It has been taken down. Thanks!
Update time again...

And here's a new link for the HD Medium of A Song For Santa.
Hello BadFilms. Do you have David and Hazel part 1 with Bridget and MJ & 2 with Janet and Cole from the 2016 Sketchfest?
Sketchfest 2016 is here. Don't know why you'd edit it into separate shorts.
Thank you. They were uploaded here in separate links at one but they are both down. I was trying to get them as part one and part two so I could have it in its own folder. Thank you for the link.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rifftrax Live 2024 Kickatarter announced ageekyguy 34 4,062 Yesterday, 18:54 pm
Last Post: JusSonic
  Tickets for A Night of Shorts 15 and this month's live show JusSonic 7 1,124 Mar 22, 2024, 10:36 am
Last Post: SuperLake
  FAVORITE SCENE/LINE FROM A RIFFTRAX MOVIE OR SHORT TheDarkPrince2018 166 189,713 Mar 20, 2024, 16:37 pm
Last Post: ill88eagle
  Welcome to the RiffTrax forum / Say "Hi" here Sid 183 505,087 Mar 13, 2024, 20:50 pm
Last Post: thedavewsc
  Rifftrax on the Mads! Miss Martian 6 1,000 Mar 12, 2024, 23:50 pm
Last Post: NotRichBatman