All Elite Wrestling (AEW)
Well, an average WWE PPV is as long as that.

A Wrestlemania is the longest, with the main portion being five (5) hours.
After watching a few minutes, I'd say the opening anthem was beautiful, but the rest is like the chinese opera, more a dance parody than fighting. Yet old TV series about Detective Samu had way more authentic, natural moves.
You know, when everyone else was eating up, you were the only one that's dropping it like a bad habit.

Shame on you.
That's unfair preconcept, shame on you. north-continentals may enjoy it very much, but that's not real fighting, it's so blatant fake I fail to understand the fun.
And my criticism comes from unbiased observation. Shamu moved better, IMO.
Whatever.

LZA, did you get to watch it?
(May 29, 2019, 22:25 pm)dueda Wrote: That's unfair preconcept, shame on you. north-continentals may enjoy it very much, but that's not real fighting, it's so blatant fake I fail to understand the fun.
And my criticism comes from unbiased observation. Shamu moved better, IMO.

To me, the storylines are what makes it fun... Almost like a sitcom or drama. Plus, choreographed does not = fake... You have to be uber strong and conditioned to be able to control what you do to make something look like it is real but isn't. Plus, some of these old-timers are banged up. So the results are fake, but the actual performance is not really. When I was a kid, I wanted to be Roddy Roddy Piper when I grew up.

(May 29, 2019, 23:15 pm)RobertX Wrote: LZA, did you get to watch it?

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I've watched some Youtube reviews. Booker T equated it to the old style wrestling of NWA back in the mid-late 80s. I thought I saw a few tweets by Russo shit talking it; which makes me want to see it more.

Also a Cody Rhodes fan. I am going to check it out when I get a free moment and I remember. I turned on WWE for like 5 min and was pretty bored straight away.
(May 30, 2019, 00:01 am)LZA Wrote: To me, the storylines are what makes it fun... Almost like a sitcom or drama. Plus, choreographed does not = fake... You have to be uber strong and conditioned to be able to control what you do to make something look like it is real but isn't. Plus, some of these old-timers are banged up. So the results are fake, but the actual performance is not really. When I was a kid, I wanted to be Roddy Roddy Piper when I grew up.

Then, as I said, it's similar to the traditional chinese opera, or japanese, or some machete / blank charge blunderbuss battles in South America:
Just an enactment of a pretense battle. The regional reference is just sociological, unprejudiced.

Good points. It's a parody as it's so "exaggerated", a form of theater as people know it's not for real like boxing or karate. Btw, some fighting sports aren't that violent, like judo, while other non-fighting sports like ice hockey are.

It must have something to do with Shakesperean theater, I suppose. Gotta be fun to watch with friends and Doritos, pump up the hormones, then give the lady boss some gently. Mmm... Since I'm going to be a construction worker, it's logical to get insterested on those things.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jim Cornette on Vince Russo's Wrestling Booking RobertX 0 1,765 Dec 11, 2023, 00:28 am
Last Post: RobertX
  AEW Forbidden Door RobertX 1 8,795 Jun 13, 2022, 12:06 pm
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker
  Trading Pro Wrestling Tapes RobertX 0 11,796 Aug 04, 2021, 01:47 am
  Wrestling Streaming Sites RobertX 0 11,992 Sep 05, 2017, 16:26 pm
  Dragon Gate wrestling RobertX 0 9,930 Jul 21, 2014, 20:03 pm