2020 - How to create a torrent and upload it to TPB in Vuze
I was confused by this before, so I hope to clarify it now to people who are trying to do this Smile

1. "File" - "New Torrent"
  2. Select "Use an external Tracker" and keep the "Announce URL" to "http://". Click "Next"
  3. Add the wanted files & directories. I recommend a few things:
    • Keep everything in a single directory
    • Make sure the directory has a small amount of files (less than 1000 would be great)
    • Make sure the file names are not huge. I think TPB has an upload limit of close to 200K, and a lot of it has to be reserved for the hashing.
    • Make sure each file and folder is under read-only mode
  4. Choose a piece size for the hashing so as to make sure that the piece count is small (less than 1000 would be great). But note that a large piece size will likely result in more discarded transfer data and therefore slower transfer speed. Choose wisely Smile Un-select "Open the torrent for seeding when done". Click "Finish"
  5. Once it is finished upload it to TPB and download it from there
  6. "File" - "Open" - "Torrent file". Select the downloaded torrent
  7. Change "Location to save data" to the root directory of your torrent. If you followed my recommendations and put every file within one folder, this is the folder above it. If you did not follow them, you have to re-organize each file to re-create the directory structure of the torrent, then add the folder that contains the files.
  8. Change the "Add Mode" to seeding
  9. Click "OK"
  10. A dialog will pop up, letting you know that "some of the files already exist in the destination folder(s) you specified". This is a sign that everything went well, so click "OK"

I hope this can help someone Smile
I did this.
But the problem I have, is when I upload onto TPB, after I click ADD TO INDEX, nothing seems to happen, other than the page refreshes with all the fields empty.
No confirmation and I can't find my torrents on the bay.
Greetings...

No offense is intended! But this info is completely useless to me;
It completely falls apart at step 2.
It magicly assumes that you actually know what is going on and what you are supposed to do.
It assumes that you never "upgraded" to BiglyBT when Azurius went tits-up, and that it actually does what you assume...

If I ever actually figure out how to upload I'll try to write an actual tutorial.

This looks more like a "tip" ment for specific users who have specific software. It is certainly NOT any kind of "guide"
on how to upload a new torrent to anything...

I've tried it...
(Apr 19, 2018, 11:42 am)Kandaje Wrote: This looks more like a "tip" ment for specific users who have specific software.

Well, the title does specifically state "in Vuze," so, yes, it is for users who have specific software.

And it was written in 2013. A lot has changed in that time even if you are still using Vuze.

Maybe slow down a bit before clicking that reply button.
Bit of a thread necro but I'm trying this now and can's see how to upload to TPB (step 5). Any offers?
(Jul 11, 2021, 03:09 am)Skexis Wrote: Bit of a thread necro but I'm trying this now and can's see how to upload to TPB (step 5). Any offers?

Think it's been closed due to a lot of fake torrents being added. I've only signed up here as I have created a torrent of a popular film that isn't on PB yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2010 - How to create and upload a torrent using uTorrent Xern0n 61 312,257 Jul 17, 2022, 15:30 pm
Last Post: Magout