15th anniversary
how about an award ceremony for people... politicians, government officials and blah bla blah... people who wouldn’t otherwise want to be associated with tpb... and honor them with the praise they so justly deserve?

award one: selling out the human race for larger dividend returns
award two: finding new and inventive ways to redefine truth and justice
award theee: reviving inter st in clubbing baby seals

of course, these are just hypothetical. anyway... lets just make some noise.

we could keep in simple:

award: biggest scumbag
award: attaining scumbag status level two
award: dirty, kinda greasy but still fuckable
(Mar 10, 2018, 07:33 am)stormium Wrote: of course, these are just hypothetical. anyway... lets just make some noise.

we could keep in simple:

You win all of those, except the 'still fuckable' part.
Secret santa but with naked pics. Full body and watching directly to the camera.
(Mar 10, 2018, 07:33 am)stormium Wrote: how about an award ceremony for people... politicians, government officials and blah bla blah... people who wouldn’t otherwise want to be associated with tpb... and honor them with the praise they so justly deserve?

award one: selling out the human race for larger dividend returns
award two: finding new and inventive ways to redefine truth and justice
award theee: reviving inter st in clubbing baby seals

of course, these are just hypothetical. anyway... lets just make some noise.

we could keep in simple:

First must tell you guys its amazing the impact my (first) thread outside Void got. I think stormium got the the thought of awards pretty strait. But I a little rosty so appreciate more good  Ideas
(Mar 06, 2018, 16:00 pm)Spud17 Wrote: How about someone who's a regular on the TPB IRC chan organise a Big Piratey Quiz to take place on #thepiratebay.org. A quizmaster should know the chan and it's users - that they come from all walks of life, from all countries -  and questions put to users should reflect that (for example, in a trivial pursuit type quiz, it would be better to ask a question on world history than say, one about the civil war of one particular country). Perhaps the questions can all be related to filesharing? Perhaps there's someone out there who would like to donate a bouncer, a seedbox, or sparkling drinks to the winner/s?

Any competition ideas, or anything else you'd like to see for the 15th anniversary?

I am happy to do an IRC quiz, I know people are around the world so I am happy to do multiple. The more interest in the quiz from people, the better. As for prizes, I think the more interest we get the better amount of prizes we can get. It is hard to cater to so many timezone so it would be nice to know what times are popular around the world to get a massive celebration going.

On the day of the 15th anniversary I think it would be cool to have a massive party and blowout on the IRC chan. Maybe some music and games would be nice. Time to start getting things ready.

Any ideas, or anything to build upon this? (all thoughts appreciated)
(Mar 10, 2018, 07:33 am)stormium Wrote: how about an award ceremony for people... politicians, government officials and blah bla blah... people who wouldn’t otherwise want to be associated with tpb... and honor them with the praise they so justly deserve?

Know what? Make a pranky trophy like the Academy Oscar and send it to the prickiest MPAA and RIAA directors. Like giant, so the truck blocks the street!
As a footnote on the trophy's base, write their profits vs. how much employees make.

A ceremony on youtube would be nice, if only cartoon is used (don't think even professional actors can safely be used).
Thanks to this guy  https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-1-800-h...ne-for-TPB

(Apr 20, 2018, 10:06 am)Pinerello Wrote: I'm having problems uploading torrents to TPB.  Maybe you could provide a 1-800 number that users can phone for technical support.  Moderators standing by 24/7 and waiting to help out, ya know what I mean?

"This is Spud17.  How can I assist you today?"

The Direct-Line can be funny. Dunno if it is possible to put some fake call link to a MP3 as "Click here for your VOIP torrent emergency services", and
JoeW should act on some affected "Hello, here's TPB - Troll Pirates Branch. Please go seed yourself!"

I also had an idea for a joke on TPB: Drone Delivery Torrents - It's trendy.
Also Mr. Masami helped inspire me.

(Mar 04, 2018, 13:34 pm)Mr.Masami Wrote: You guys must watch last episode of x-files, it's a glimpse of our very near future.
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/20359508/The.X-Files.S11E07.WEB.x264-TBS[ettv]

Seems like people fancy it, so...

(Apr 20, 2018, 12:31 pm)dueda Wrote: With Direct Torrent Delivery to Your Door (by the "Federal" Express). Rolleyes

Don't waste any more time and bandwidth with long downloads!
Stop searching for the proper encoding / repack!
Quit frustration with poorly seeded torrents!
No more worries - Just use the Feds' Ex-Torrent delivery service - Call NOW!

-- 5 years guarantee on all products --

*Calls may be subject to international satellite fee to Shangrilah and all records are kept available to court order.

Like the "Piracy is Crime - Federal..." blue/red warning the Feds put on the DVDs.

With humongous effort, MS Paint being the most sophisticated app I can handle, made two mock-ups of what I've in mind.

[Image: 2eIZoaL.jpg]

[Image: Warning_Screen_15.jpg]

Pretty ugly, as Hollywood and Manhattan. This design is in public domain and anyone with, or without, talent can use the idea.
Thx everybody for all suggestions and the response. Nice to see that I manage to do a thread outside VOID

Heart
Dude, you're oldskool to be hiding under the void, even I can see...
Thanks for inviting us to say something, even if it was just nothing Wink
(May 09, 2018, 20:39 pm)Sid Wrote:
(May 09, 2018, 19:02 pm)LZA Wrote: ...When is the anniversary for SB?

The real anniversary is lost in the mists of time.

But https://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-...s-a-forum/ was published on August 5, 2007 so, pending internet archaeological discoveries to the contrary, August 5 can serve as the "official" anniversary of SuprBay.

So day passed and no news? Happy anniversary! (Sorry, my Internet is slow) Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TPB 15th anniversary logo competition Vote Thread Spud17 49 110,629 Sep 18, 2018, 15:58 pm
Last Post: gh0ster
  TPB 15th Anniversary design-a-logo competition. Spud17 74 161,578 Aug 14, 2018, 20:34 pm
Last Post: dueda