bsg4you MP3 Commentaries + Just The Jokes PLUS MST3K, Film Crew, Cinematic Titanic
Update: I added the links for all of the bsg4you MST3K, Film Crew, and Cinematic Titanic shares.

Also, I would like to more clearly request that folks use the p2p shares and not re-post my remasters, edits, and encodes to file lockers.

I understand that some people can not use p2p and in those cases putting up a temporary Mega link to help someone out is awesome.

E.g. Tost did the perfect post like this:

(Nov 20, 2018, 23:19 pm)Tost Wrote: https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-REQ-The...i-Rifftrax
I don't like posting mega links for stuff that is already up on TPB, but I do understand that some are unable to use torrents. Given that they are up on TPB I will be deleting these in a few days.
Enjoy.
https://mega.nz/#F!tGRklYAJ!OyLI_xuIY3B1oO--rielQg

Thanks Tost, spot on!!!

But a couple other users are reposting my efforts (and sometimes renaming them too) at G Drive (Star Wars Rifftrax, The Heat with Joel+, etc) and Archive.org (just posted with some TV Rifftrax).

I would really like to share my work but I can not do p2p sharing well if people use file lockers more and more for my work.

I not only put a lot of time into editing and encoding but I also work hard on the networking/compute side to keep seed boxes humming, drives spinning, and links packed to the gills.

Unneeded file lockering of my stuff by others kinda makes this like swimming upstream.

It is very depressing since I enjoy doing the work and have gotten great feedback at TPB, KAT, and now Suprbay.

So, I'm asking sincerely: please do not file locker my shares unless it is specifically requested by someone who can not p2p torrent/magnet.

And then, please only do it temporarily.

Anywho, that's my yadda yadda, thanks for reading about my situation. The rest of the bsg4you FAQ and all the links for my Rifftrax, MST3K, Film Crew, and Cinematic Titanic are below. Thanks! Smile

Original post plus new links below

TL;DR
* 128 Rifftrax dates-names-hashes are listed at the post bottom below bsg4you-masters bsg4you-seeded
* please consider using these p2p torrent hashes to download bsg4you shares instead of file locker links
* this list now includes MST3K, Film Crew, and Cinematic Titanic shares [new links added at the bottom]

For forum readers who don't know me, here's a quick bio. I'm an old school mistie so when Roadhouse appeared I started doing the DVD synchs using a recipe from the Rifftrax forums. Then I started downloading other people's synchs.

As time went on, I wanted two things:
* HD video, done at least fairly well - the Star Wars pre-quels drove this
* riff audio mixed with the movie audio at about the same volume level

Many syncs at the time were ~700MB avi (aka x263) 480p and the rifftrax audio was often very loud to my ears. The riff mp3 was probably being muxed with the movie audio without any ducking. That's ok for a super loud action scene but not so good for a quiet part of the movie. So I re-started doing syncs aka remasters using 2100-2300Kbps x264/AVC video and using Audacity with Auto Ducking (it automatically makes the movie quieter during a riff). Eventually, I discovered 2x Audacity plug ins that did fine tuned custom compression - one of the movie and another specially for spoken word audio. I tuned my recipe steps and called it "v2" since I had to redo lots of older v1 syncs I had done.

Time has marched on and Rifftrax mostly does live shows, VODs, and shorts now. It makes sense since a 3.99 mp3 is just as labor intensive (using more so since mp3s are longer than VODs) and gross $6-8 less per sale. Even if a VOD is not in the public domain, the per download license fee is likely ~$1 and probably not more than $2 so the business math again for mp3 just the jokes is poor.

But lucky for Just the Jokes fans like me, Rifftrax LLC does a few mp3s per year. They were doing like 1/year for a bit and that was painful. But now we get at least a few per year which is nice. I haven't done some recent mp3s (Got, TWD, ...) but for the ones I've done, I get a BluRay source and do my own encode now. Sometimes I do both a x264/AVC and a x265/HEVC though I've dropped back to just AVC. Maybe I'll start up dual releasing again - the x265s are popular.

So why would anyone choose a bsg4you remaster?
* rifftrax audio is not loud but should be clear in the whole movie
* the movie audio is "ducked" meaning it gets quieter when there's a riff
* video should always look good, from the old judas or anoxmous encodes or my newer BluRay encodes
* english subs are included if they exist
* 5.1 and 2.0 movie only tracks are included, with no processing
* the rifftrax intro is at the end of every remaster
* special tweaks have been done when possible (SWHS, ST New Voyages, Birdemic, etc)

Some folks are unhappy with ducking but most people are seem ok with the final audio product. I worked for many hours on how to compress the movie audio, compress the rifftrax audio, and duck the movie during the riffs. Doing less ducking would make the movie too loud or require the riff audio to be louder in quiet parts of the movie. v2 has worked out pretty well I think.

I've also heard comments about putting the Rifftrax intro at the start of the remaster. The problem with this is some shows/movies do not have enough space before the first riff for the intro to fit. Since I want to do every remster the same, I decided early on to do the intro tacked on 1sec after the last riffer's word. There are a few rifftrax that do not have enough time at the end for the intro so what happens is the mkv will appear just black while the intro audio finishes.

About sharing locations, The Pirate Bay was my first home for (surprise!) Battlestar Galactica shares of fanedits and other interesting BSG stuff. While I kept posting to TPB, I also started up at Kickass Torrents aka KAT which had a thriving forum. After KAT kicked the bucket, I was foruming back at Suprbay. Recently, I had almost just finished mirroring all my torrents at Demonoid when it went belly up again! Hopefully, it'll come back because TPB is not always easily accessible.

How to get a bsg4you share?

Is it a Rifftrax MP3 Commentary aka Just the Jokes featuring any of these riffers: Mike, Kevin, Bill, Mary Jo, and/or Bridget?

If yes, click the Show button below bsg4you-masters bsg4you-seeded then...
* do control-f to find on the webpage for the title you want
* copy just the hash for your title (take care not to copy the leading or trailing tabs)
* paste the hash in a torrent program to download, like qBittorrent
* you might have to format the link like this:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:[Share Hash]

"But clicking on a M E G A link or a G O O G L E D R I V E link is so much easier and faster. Why don't you do that instead of p2p torrents."

Sharing is always caring, but my shares have been renamed and posted to file lockers which weakens the p2p sharing. Every file locker download of my shares means the swarm of users seeding and downloading is smaller which slows the speed of sharing for the swarm. And unlike the file lockers, TPB and DHT/PEX magnets do not get taken down. Files do sometimes get taken down from file lockers (including both of the above) plus at most p2p sites *except* TPB. With these hashes, the shares are eternal! Or, as close to eternal as possible right now. Smile

So please, use these magnets and not file lockers for my shares if possible.

These 3x Rifftrax were done by other folks and still might be shared via the listed hashes.
not-bsg4you-masters not-bsg4you-seeded
Show Content

I will never do these 5x Rifftrax and, at this point, it is very unlikely that I'll ever even do the W I Z. I spaced the names so searches on these titles won't hit this post.
there will be no bsg4you release - unknown hashes or file locker links
Show Content

To search the big list below, click Show to expand the list then control-f to do a find on the web page for the title of interest. Take care not to copy the leading or trailing tabs around the hash value.

The Fifth Element below was excellently remastered by an anonymous community member who approved of my sharing it way back when.

All other 127 Rifftrax below are bsg4you v2 remasters and are being actively seeded.

bsg4you-masters bsg4you-seeded
Show Content

Here are links for all the bsg4you MST3K, Cinematic Titanic, and The Film Crew encodes
* all encoded from discs or images except the WebRip Caption Project
* all MST DVD episodes are uncropped, RF=20, passthrough AC3 audio, ~1GB/each
* all shorts, extras, etc are also shared along with TFC and CT

Show Content
Thank you, bsg4you!

A concise and very generous update.

Your hard work is appreciated!

Smile
No problem, buddy.

I used to always see your posts on Usenet, so when I found this forum I was happy to see you were here sharing your work.
I really like your work. I was never going to buy those movies.
Can anyone recommend a seedbox service? I use a VPN and it's not very conducive to seeding.
this is awesome and perfect!  is there any way to get star trek II the wrath of khan ?
Thanks again for your quality work.  Just out of curiosity, why the short of features you'll never do?
I have LOVED these synced Rifftrax! I always buy the track from Rifftrax,  Angel and I don't have to re-invent the wheel and learn how to re-edit them myself to enjoy them pre-synced. And I've tried to keep the swarms alive.

To that end, can someone re-seed the Star Trek 6 rifftrax? Or hook me up with a Mega if not? Please and Thank you.
hey all, anyone got a mega link?

cheers
Hey Grim255,

I know that you're new around here, so welcome.

A read of bsg4you's quote will tell you that bsg4you is one of our most dedicated people and that bsg4you prefers that their stuff is not on Mega or any other file locker:

"Sharing is always caring, but my shares have been renamed and posted to file lockers which weakens the p2p sharing. Every file locker download of my shares means the swarm of users seeding and downloading is smaller which slows the speed of sharing for the swarm. And unlike the file lockers, TPB and DHT/PEX magnets do not get taken down. Files do sometimes get taken down from file lockers (including both of the above) plus at most p2p sites *except* TPB. With these hashes, the shares are eternal! Or, as close to eternal as possible right now. So please, use these magnets and not file lockers for my shares if possible."
Hi bsg4you,

First, big thank you for all the uploads.  Family loved the Harry Potter Rifftrax.   Any chance you can seed the lord of the ring trilogy?  There are zero seeds on Piratebay.  A mega link will would be great also :-)

OT

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Request) JaboodyShow Movie Dub Commentaries whomybabydaddy 1,153 623,517 10 hours ago
Last Post: JabootyBot
  Mr. Sunday Movies/Weekly Planet Commentaries tripletap006 35 17,794 Mar 25, 2024, 23:14 pm
Last Post: KinoQueen13
  We Hate Movies commentaries waterloowatts 234 255,368 Mar 18, 2024, 22:43 pm
Last Post: NotRichBatman
  [REQ] HD Upgrade of MST3K Future War mariol66 4 5,804 Feb 05, 2024, 00:14 am
Last Post: nocarrier
  [Req]More Mary Jo and Briget plus The Mads needed Jan In The Pan 0 1,114 Jan 27, 2024, 19:23 pm
Last Post: Jan In The Pan