SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Arlecho's ScreenConnect 6 releases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have any advice on upgrading to latest or as close to latest as possible from 6.1?
(Jul 23, 2020, 07:54 am)auzhe Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have any advice on upgrading to latest or as close to latest as possible from 6.1?

Stop all services, make a proper backup and give it a go, should work just fine.
apparantly there is a security update for connectwise control for an important vulnerability. Is it safe to install the current stable version ScreenConnect_20.7.29443.7508_Release.msi from 22 july?
Yes please install it, minor versions should nearly always work (the last change that needed patching was the 19 --> 20 change).
What is the default user password the patcher creates? I don't see it listed in the previous comments.
The installer gives an explicit popup with the user/pass it creates if it does so. (try Administrator)
Getting the following error during step 4 of the patch after upgrading from 20.7 to 20.8 stable on Win10 the same way as always (following steps 1-4 including 'remove license check' on step 1).

Could not find:
LicenseManager::CheckRefreshLicenseRuntimes patch might
not work

Things seem to still work afterwards, although I have not tested very thoroughly and admin > license now reports a license that's out of maintenance...is this anything to be concerned about?
20.8 stable has some last minute change that breaks the patcher, will get on it asap.

Edit: Doesn't appear to difficult, just a change from synchronous to async, expect a new release soon.
Long time listener, First time poster... Is there anyway to get 2FA to work? Sorry if it's in the thread and I missed it. Any one that can point me in the right direction, I would be VERY appreciative!
@Arlecho: THANK YOU!
(Aug 04, 2020, 09:00 am)Tosa_Puppy Wrote: [ -> ]Long time listener, First time poster... Is there anyway to get 2FA to work?  Sorry if it's in the thread and I missed it.  Any one that can point me in the right direction, I would be VERY appreciative!
@Arlecho: THANK YOU!

No different than normal...just follow the docs:

https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise...t_accounts