SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Arlecho's ScreenConnect 6 releases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone gotten the "Advanced Configuration Editor" extension working on the latest 1.9.5 build? I get the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" I'm guessing its probably just a compatibility issue with this latest build.

PS if anyone is looking for something cheap/low power to run SC on check out the Atomic PI. I was given one as a gift and have it running my test server with a basic debain install.
Are you guys safely running this with external access or using a vpn for extra security?
(Dec 17, 2019, 18:53 pm)slackjawyocal Wrote: [ -> ]Are you guys safely running this with external access or using a vpn for extra security?

Are you planning on using it as a tool to remotely support external individuals that you will not give VPN access to? If you are, then you have no choice but to open it up to the Internet. If you are using it to remotely support only PC's that are internal, then use the VPN and do not poke holes in your firewall. I guess you could also toggle a NAT rule to allow Internet access only when needed to lesson the risk.

With that said... I have had mine open to the Internet for a few years and I haven't identified any successful intrusions. However, there have been many attempts. If you are going to open it up to the Internet, my suggestion is to keep it behind a good gateway device that provides intrusion prevention in addition to a firewall.
(Dec 17, 2019, 18:53 pm)slackjawyocal Wrote: [ -> ]Are you guys safely running this with external access or using a vpn for extra security?

Set it up behind pfsense with Suricata, setup reverse proxy, use 2fa on SC.
(Dec 18, 2019, 21:22 pm)justsomeguy1234 Wrote: [ -> ]...use 2fa on SC.
Doh! I forgot to mention 2FA and that's a biggie.
Hi Guys,

I know this maybe a self-defeating question, given that this software is on-premise, but has anyone added this software to a SeedBox or something similar ??
I have a 1tb seedbox, Ferralhosting........ it allows this installation of software as well and hosting a custom domain with SSL......

has anyone tried this ???
(Dec 18, 2019, 19:43 pm)mikepool Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you planning on using it as a tool to remotely support external individuals that you will not give VPN access to? If you are, then you have no choice but to open it up to the Internet. If you are using it to remotely support only PC's that are internal, then use the VPN and do not poke holes in your firewall. I guess you could also toggle a NAT rule to allow Internet access only when needed to lesson the risk.

With that said... I have had mine open to the Internet for a few years and I haven't identified any successful intrusions. However, there have been many attempts. If you are going to open it up to the Internet, my suggestion is to keep it behind a good gateway device that provides intrusion prevention in addition to a firewall.

Hi,
Sorry for my english, I use SC for seven years and have tried differentoptions for protection against hacking. Here is the working configuration -
1.Mikrotik CHR(Latest update)
2.Dont use standart ports
3. Use accsses lists in firewall
4.if the SC is used from different dynamic ip addresses and there is noway to add them to the allowed ones? i did four-step authorization using ICMP ping and port knocker.
The 19.6 works just fine Smile
anyone tried 20.1
(Jan 16, 2020, 07:48 am)Arlecho Wrote: [ -> ]The 19.6 works just fine Smile

Help please... Sad

When i replace the files from a windows folder to my linux folder, the server drops ...

How i can patch linux system correctly?