SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Arlecho's ScreenConnect 6 releases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Oct 11, 2019, 17:14 pm)Arlecho Wrote: [ -> ]The jnlp files for quick support work ok, however the .deb installer breaks as mentioned.
Can anyone with a legit version verify that their launchCommandLine in /etc/init.d/connectwise... ends with: com.unav.ailable.client.Program MAIN_ACTION=start_client_service' ?

It does not...it ends with:

com.screenconnect.client.Program MAIN_ACTION=start_client_service

Does that help?
(Oct 12, 2019, 23:47 pm)Dolphin34 Wrote: [ -> ]It does not...it ends with:

com.screenconnect.client.Program MAIN_ACTION=start_client_service

Does that help?

Non-scientific observations

[Ubuntu client]
I updated /etc/init.d/connectwise* and changed the launch command then restarted the client service, which fixed that client.

[Raspbian client]
Performed same steps, but still receive "Error: Could not find or load main class com.unav.ailable.client.Program" in /var/log/connectwise*
Uninstalled and reinstalled client, performed above steps, still getting same errors in log.

Will test more as time allows.
(Oct 12, 2019, 23:47 pm)Dolphin34 Wrote: [ -> ]Does that help?

Yes, that means we have a high chance that one of the patches being performed breaks something in the generation, will have to debug some more.
- Fix Linux support
- Updated libraries

Download
https://mega.nz/#!9kMxmQhQ!tAvEMi5h4yR6f...FOjdXe2B-k
6p8lo7k5ymrtnged`16q3ywesh

Notices
- Patch the installer before installing to prevent leaking your information
- Linux can be patched, just copy the files over to a windows machine and select the directory!
- "External Accessibility Check", "Version Check" and "Browser URL Check" will now always fail!
- Installing/updating extensions could theoretically be spotted by Connectwise as they are downloaded directly from their servers!
- License no longer displays (not required/possible anymore)
- Please do not post thanks and other posts that do not contribute (the mods don't like them and it clutters the thread)
- Hosts file editing no longer required
Is this good for 19.4?
(Oct 23, 2019, 00:34 am)plip_plop Wrote: [ -> ]Is this good for 19.4?
as far as i can tell it works
As stated version 2 of the patcher is for 19.x, if something happens and the patcher stops working for a new version I'll probably report it before most people will notice (probably a new patch to).
(Oct 23, 2019, 06:29 am)Arlecho Wrote: [ -> ]As stated version 2 of the patcher is for 19.x, if something happens and the patcher stops working for a new version I'll probably report it before most people will notice (probably a new patch to).
A couple of quick questions about it working. Is it supposed to be lacking a license with the version 2 of the patcher? Everything is working overall, just noticed it shows "You don't have any licenses. Please enter one." when I go to check, when previously it showed one there that was unlimited. Also perhaps you can explain the difference between the patch installer versus the patch system? Like if you patch the installer, is that all that is needed, seriously?! If so, you are really skilled to be able to have it do what it does, flipping whatever switch and it installing without a license even.

I love your work! And thank you very much for making this nice little patcher.
(Oct 29, 2019, 18:54 pm)point99trash2011 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 23, 2019, 06:29 am)Arlecho Wrote: [ -> ]As stated version 2 of the patcher is for 19.x, if something happens and the patcher stops working for a new version I'll probably report it before most people will notice (probably a new patch to).
A couple of quick questions about it working. Is it supposed to be lacking a license with the version 2 of the patcher? Everything is working overall, just noticed it shows "You don't have any licenses. Please enter one." when I go to check, when previously it showed one there that was unlimited. Also perhaps you can explain the difference between the patch installer versus the patch system? Like if you patch the installer, is that all that is needed, seriously?! If so, you are really skilled to be able to have it do what it does, flipping whatever switch and it installing without a license even.

Guys, the questions that have already been answered before I'm sure get old to the dev - please don't annoy him or he's liable to quit doing this wonderful work for us.  Just read a little bit and almost all questions will be answered.

Your first question is answered right in the above release post (and in every release post for v2, and other posts) - "License no longer displays...".  So yes, it's expected to not show up.  As for you second question, they're pretty self explanatory and it has also been discussed in prior pages - installer patches the installer file against calls to SC servers.  System patches the actual SC server install (just like the v1 patch did).  At minimum you need to patch system.  You should probably do both, patching the installer before installing.
(Oct 29, 2019, 23:27 pm)Dolphin34 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 29, 2019, 18:54 pm)point99trash2011 Wrote: [ -> ]

Guys, the questions that have already been answered before I'm sure get old to the dev - please don't annoy him or he's liable to quit doing this wonderful work for us.  Just read a little bit and almost all questions will be answered.

Your first question is answered right in the above release post (and in every release post for v2, and other posts) - "License no longer displays...".  So yes, it's expected to not show up.  As for you second question, they're pretty self explanatory and it has also been discussed in prior pages - installer patches the installer file against calls to SC servers.  System patches the actual SC server install (just like the v1 patch did).  At minimum you need to patch system.  You should probably do both, patching the installer before installing.

I apologize, I've been working long hours and you are indeed right, it was mentioned above. Thank you explaining the minimum process, and also the preferred of patching both overall.