SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: [Release] OfflineBay 1.0.2 - Download torrents from thePirateBay offline.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
This is amazing! Cheers OP great work and thank you.
Okay, Am I mi9ssing something, I D/L OP and it say java runtime error, i D/l Java 8 and no EXE.

How can I get this working?
I worked it out fine. First, I'm on Windows 7 (SP1, all updates except some weird "upgrade and compatibility" ones). Browser is Firefox, just in case.

Short version:
Install Java only from proper site, download Offlinebay.ZIP (not exe) and double click it to open a folder (compacted zip file).
Place (drag'n'drop or copy-paste) the files on a new folder to your convenience, for example "c:\myname\apps\offbay".
Create a shortcut to it on your desktop and/or Start menu as you wish.
Ta-dah!
No I am not a scammer, but I think I will keep my contributions off this site. Why would anyone want to be part of this community? The social cancer is strong here. Not even mad; you repel me.
Hey in the next release can you make a couple of different Linux ports like .deb .rpm ...etc Doing this allows for people to easily install your program.
(Mar 06, 2018, 15:11 pm)TalkativeTech Wrote: [ -> ]Hey in the next release can you make a couple of different Linux ports like .deb .rpm ...etc Doing this allows for people to easily install your program.

The reason i made this program portable is people hate installations and people are less likely to trust them. Users have more control over portable packages than installations. Also it's a bit of work creating Linux packages.
I agree--a portable app is a good call.
(Mar 06, 2018, 18:41 pm)Sid Wrote: [ -> ]I agree--a portable app is a good call.

Yeah I am new to linux and didn't understand the importance of portable apps to the security of the user. Blush
Any plans for an Android version anytime soon...?
(Mar 06, 2018, 19:05 pm)kosmoleo Wrote: [ -> ]Any plans for an Android version anytime soon...?
I think instead of android support like that. People can just use the Transdroid app and connect the search feature to offline bay via remote access from a computer. I am sure the developers would add it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13