SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: [Release] OfflineBay 1.0.2 - Download torrents from thePirateBay offline.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(Mar 21, 2018, 12:53 pm)Kingfish Wrote: [ -> ]offlinebay.com reads like you've come off your meds and suffered a severe paranoid breakdown.

Yeah dude I know I can see how that be the case. I will adjust that because that was all to do with the fact as previously said I'd been dumb and stupid and not done things in the right way so quite rightly there was backlash which completely understand and accept but also as said I've come back, introduced myself in the proper manner and am trying to make good on things. I've got a nice utility for adding checksum to archive files (zip,gzip etc) right up to SHA256 so that it can be verified that the files are genuine.

The stupid notice has been taken down and the route removed so no longer accessible as well the main page notice. So all is good, just waiting on Techtac to approve my creating an app/application section and more will be added.
While you have been given a second chance the fact remains that you have done nothing to indicate that you are trustworthy and something to indicate that you are not. He would be a fool to put all of his eggs in your basket.

If you really have no intentions of profiting from techtac's work why not transfer the domain name to him or sell it to him for a nominal fee?
(Mar 21, 2018, 16:45 pm)Sid Wrote: [ -> ]While you have been given a second chance the fact remains that you have done nothing to indicate that you are trustworthy and something to indicate that you are not. He would be a fool to put all of his eggs in your basket.

If you really have no intentions of profiting from techtac's work why not transfer the domain name to him or sell it to him for a nominal fee?

Sid, I have said to him I want to use the site to promote his work, his application. There are no Ads on the site nor will there ever be Ads on the site. The only advertising platform I trust or have ever trusted is Google Ads and from what I know they'd never allow theirs to be used on the site whether I had intentions or not as it goes against their T&C's for a start but there simply is not enough content on there anyway which is definitely something they like.

I want to work with Techtac and use mine and the others knowledge of building web applications to produce a version that doesn't require Java installation or .NET framework to be in place like a standalone web application. That is my/our intentions for the site usage.

As for the actual domain itself, it may be in my name but the others I work alongside have already all said they don't want it being transferred over and I cannot go against their wishes.

Again when it comes to trust, what exactly can I do to gain trust? I've already offered to be a mirror for TPB dump files and have a utility already that can add a hash to each file so it may be verified. I've offered to put up an 'app' section to promote and push forward Techtacs application.

I'm aware of how I started off and I have already apologised for that in coming back and properly introduced myself and held my hands up in admitting to being completely out of order and in the wrong. I'm not sure what more I can do.

I could have a word with the others and see if they'd be in agreement to give the domain over for a fee but I can probably say that will either be a full "no" or they will want around $100 for it.
(Mar 21, 2018, 17:15 pm)zerodave Wrote: [ -> ]Again when it comes to trust, what exactly can I do to gain trust?

That is techtac's call--it's his trust you want.

If I were in his shoes, transferring the domain name over would be the only thing you could do that would make me trust you. At that point I would be willing to allow you to host the entire project (and even to profit from it in some ways).

Otherwise, once he has invested his time, energy and skills in setting it up you could cut him out and monetize or even weaponize the site and his app at any time. Obviously you will deny that is your intention, and that may even be true but, as you have pointed out yourself, your initial entry into this discussion did less than nothing to inspire confidence.
(Mar 21, 2018, 22:28 pm)Sid Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 21, 2018, 17:15 pm)zerodave Wrote: [ -> ]Again when it comes to trust, what exactly can I do to gain trust?

That is techtac's call--it's his trust you want.

If I were in his shoes, transferring the domain name over would be the only thing you could do that would make me trust you. At that point I would be willing to allow you to host the entire project (and even to profit from it in some ways).

Otherwise, once he has invested his time, energy and skills in setting it up you could cut him out and monetize or even weaponize the site and his app at any time. Obviously you will deny that is your intention, and that may even be true but, as you have pointed out yourself, your initial entry into this discussion did less than nothing to inspire confidence.

Oh of course I totally see the point and understand where you are coming from on that and again you have only my word (speaking for the others I work with) which often isn't enough but as said it isn't just a simple matter of transfer and done because the other guys I work with all have their say so I'm kinda limited in what I can do and no way would I ever just go ahead and either transfer it or sell it over without their permission because I'd not wanna draw the anger of them. I have messaged Techtac and asked him for what he would like to go ahead and do so will leave it up to him to decide. Even selling it would require me to speak to the other guys and see if they'd wanna do that. Thing is I know I speak of them a lot but they all put in their pounds worth to buy the domain so they do all have a share/say in the matter.
Since it seems that we have trust issues, a collective elsewhere for this project to be hosted should be considered. Maybe something like github, or another service of similar vain.
Or host it here?
(Mar 22, 2018, 07:49 am)Kingfish Wrote: [ -> ]Or host it here?

Are you suggesting that this become a forum feature or that the code be hosted here?
It already is a forum feature and its not open source to host code anyhow.
Depends on what hosting we're talking about. App development and promotion here, downloads at Mega, as seen in the OP.
It is logicall, since the app is a tool for TPB, but maybe the author wishes to have more publicity; at this point, I don't think so.
One thing that he (TechTac) never mentioned is to mention his app on TPB page, but I don't remember if any app was ever refered. Maybe uT many years ago?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13