SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Your Favourite Audio Files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I hope it's not too off-topic, but here goes.

For those who collect music files, which file format do you prefer to keep them in?

So far, I've only been MP3 files. When I rip audio CDs, however, it would be transcoded into OGGs.

How about you? What's your favourite audio format do you listen to? I've never used a FLAC. How is that compared to MP3/OGG in in terms of compression and quality?
Only MP3 for me. I heard of FLAC formatted ones, but never knew what type of quality they have. I just know that they're really large sometimes.
I have my music mostly in MP3, but if it's an album I love a lot, I keep FLACs laying around to listen to them.

FLACs are good for getting the cleanest/most original sound of the music, being lossless and lacking compression, but it eats up room the more you get. Compared to OGG/MP3, FLACs are better with quality and with less compression usually.
I have my music mostly in MP3 and that in 320kbps Big Grin
OGG and MP3 are both lossy formats
FLAC is lossless that's why its so bigger
what's even better is to buy a good pair of studio quality headphones like the audio technica ath-m50 you'll notice a significant difference listening music
After a while, I can't believe I asked this question!

Sorry guys.