SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Tpb chrome tab sent temperature to 99degrees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
temperature monitors on my pc just went crazy high 99degreesC !  

i use process lasso ( free software) to monitor my pc and throttle back programmes using too much cpu and that showed it was a chrome browser tab using too much CPU, once i closed thepiratebay webapage the cpu use dropped as did the temperature, this is on 15th september 2017 

has anyone else had this problem ?
try using adblock (they are many "bad" ads) give it a try if it solves the problem Or wait staff message.
https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-PIRATE-...SITE-MINER

this can give you best answer Wink

the other option is to turn off your javascript on your browser
are you saying theres some coin mining software running on tpb ? how do i check to see if thats happening ?

i do run adblockplus as often as possible

if the problem returns i will let you all know

thanks
Chrome runs in the back-ground. E.g., you open Chrome and close it. You do that 10 times. Check your TaskManager. You'll see 9 running processes of Chrome (Not including the 10th you currently have open).

Chrome are aware of this, for some time. They haven't ventured to fix it so imo, dump Chrome.
On Firefox, had to use NoScript Extension and mark piratebay as untrested. the script seems to be coin-hive.com ... hope that helps ...
Extensions will also play havoc if your not familiar with how to streamline their configuration in relation to you browser Wink