SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Gov't Officials Leak Classified Info To Journalists To Discredit Snowden For ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We already mentioned the bizarre NY Times article from over the weekend that described how Snowden apparently used some basic web crawler software to collect the documents he later leaked. As we noted, the basic story itself is unremarkable, other than for how the NY Times tried to turn "man uses basic tool" into a story. However, there is a really good quote from Snowden himself (via his lawyers) in response to the article. Since most of it involves senior government officials telling NYT reporters about security problems at some NSA facilities, Snowden was quick to point out the irony:

Quote:"It's ironic that officials are giving classified information to journalists in an effort to discredit me for giving classified information to journalists. The difference is that I did so to inform the public about the government's actions, and they're doing so to misinform the public about mine."

Kinda puts it all in perspective, doesn't it?

Source
"Information's" war need credibility as it's tools