SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Probably soul music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys i've got a groundbreaking dilemma.
We have been given the chance of changing from the usual hymns at our wedding to well known songs (providing it's not disrespectful in any way).
With a chance of a cover band, who cover songs like 'mustang sally' and such, male and female singers, bass and lead guitar, and a keyboard player,
as an alternative to this we have the option of the most amazing church organ, grand piano, and pretty much any orchestral instrument with experienced players and singers.
The church itself is huge with the most amazing acoustics at least 50 feet tall by 60 feet wide by 80 feet long with balconies down each side.
The age of the guests is from 5 to 96.
It's a church of england church so i would prefer not to get too gospel like

Classic soul is the first thing that comes to mind for example:
Reach out i'll be their by the four tops.
Lovely day by Bill Withers.

Have you any recommendations?
This may be the most unusual post I've ever seen.

If it was me, I'd go with the soul. And fyi I love 'lovely day' Smile Great song.

There are lots of great songs for weddings. Like this one for example.

That song is perfect for a church and a wedding.

And this.

Those are a couple examples. You can find many more. Ones that may suit you even better.

Whatever you do, don't go with 'mustang sally'.
Well, hell, Mustang Sally...? They know the classics. Though personally, I always preferred the slow funk of The Young Rascals to the inimitable but over-fast Wilson Pickett--whose "Sugar Sugar" and "In the Midnight Hours" are pure gold, in my opinion.

Have you considered these?

I recommend Ed SheearanSmile
I've never heard of Ed Sheearan, but I have listened to Witney Houston and digged it once!
Ed-Sheeran is good, last week it's shape of you was on my repeat mode. Well, it is still.
when will the marriage take place I got some tips