SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Finding Ip Address Of A Website Using Command Prompt Or CMD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 24pc6ea.jpg]

In this tutorial i will teach you to find Ip Address of any website using Command Prompt or in short CMD. Using IP Address you can find location of the website server and do more stuff. I will demostrate this tutorial with Google but you can use this method to find IP Address of any website like twitter, facebook etc. So lets get started.

How to find IP ?

1. Go to Start > Type CMD and press Enter.

2. Now write Ping followed by website URL whose IP you want to find.

[Image: 2djx9ja.jpg]

3. It will take less then a second and come up with the results as shown below :

[Image: 2m6wpvk.jpg]

Done you got the IP adress of the website !
Can you explain what can be done with the IP address after obtaining it?
(Nov 16, 2013, 16:22 pm)Feru Wrote: [ -> ]Can you explain what can be done with the IP address after obtaining it?

You type that in the search bar instead of www.google.com I guess.
(Nov 16, 2013, 16:22 pm)Feru Wrote: [ -> ]Can you explain what can be done with the IP address after obtaining it?

You can use IP address of the website instead of URL.

Instead of a URL, you can enter the IP address in the browser’s address bar. This method have high probability in opening the restricted websites.
Sometimes blocked websites are stored as URL for example www.google.com and using IP of website instead of URL might work.
(Nov 18, 2013, 04:54 am).::Alien::. Wrote: [ -> ]

You can use IP address of the website instead of URL.

Instead of a URL, you can enter the IP address in the browser’s address bar. This method have high probability in opening the restricted websites.
Sometimes blocked websites are stored as URL for example www.google.com and using IP of website instead of URL might work.

Thank you great info, I heard that like if you get a persons ip you can access files remove programs and do all kinds of things
(Nov 24, 2013, 00:41 am)Feru Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you great info, I heard that like if you get a persons ip you can access files remove programs and do all kinds of things

No, the IP gives you the exact same access to a computer as you would get after resolving the host name. Something like "www.google.com" is called a host name (technically the "www" is the host and the "google.com" is the domain). But in all cases these internet names get converted to an IP address and that's when your computer can connect to the actual computer.

So the IP address gives you access to the computer (it's the 'real' address) but you won't get anymore access than you normally would. It's just an address. It doesn't give you any keys.

However it allows you to bypass the "looking up domain" step. Sometimes sites are blocked but they are not really taken offline, they're just removed from the white pages. So you don't know how to find them. That's when the IP can come in handy. It gives you the direct address.

Also when you are doing network maintenance and you messed up your DNS configuration, you can no longer look up domain names in the tables, but that's a different story altogether. As a regular user you should always have unproblematic access to the name servers of your internet service provider.

This system of giving names to computers (hosts) that would otherwise only have a number, is called the Domain Name System.