SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Does anybody still watch DVDSCR copies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys this is my very first thread here on The Pirate Bay forum threads & well i thought i start out my first thread by just asking a simple question & that is well i am wondering if any of you other pirates out there still watch those screener copies of movies even if they have the annoying time stamp & what not?? so please leave you're thoughts below.
i've watched a couple of them, a few years ago,
but i've only downloaded them because they were (mis)labeled as dvdrips
and i didn't feel like finding and downloading different copies.
(Apr 26, 2015, 03:21 am)bob5695 Wrote: [ -> ]i've watched a couple of them, a few years ago,
but i've only downloaded them because they were (mis)labeled as dvdrips
and i didn't feel like finding and downloading different copies.

Yeah i can understand that.
I don't like them, so I've never downloaded them.

However, in my native Hong Kong, I've bought quite a few. Don't tell the authorities I did though. Smile
(Apr 26, 2015, 17:46 pm)RobertX Wrote: [ -> ]I've bought quite a few. Don't tell the authorities I did though. Smile

don't worry, i'll tell 'em you were the one selling them instead. Blush

back to topic: the thing about screeners is that they're available before retail copies.
the reason i prefer to wait for a retail copy is:

if i'm still alive when the retail copy becomes available, i'll be watching a decent copy.
if i die between the release date of the screener and that of the retail copy,
i won't care that i haven't watched either of them because i'll be dead.

edit: the exception to the rule would be if i didn't die but became blind.
in that case, it would've been better if i had watched the screener.
Are there any screeners that are Blu Ray quality yet (not that it matters)?

It's not that I mind watching the warning; it's just that most films out there don't really entice me to watch.

Films were interesting to watch when I was a kid, not so anymore.

And besides, if I can wait until a better (i.e. HD or Blu Ray rip) version, in my view, it's worth the wait, considering it's all free!!
i rather watch a dvdscr than a CAM ...
I can follow that logic: Screeners have better quality than CAMs, and screeners come earlier than CAMs.

But to kill all conversations, I'd rather have retail rips.

Don't mean to argue with you, circuit.
(Apr 27, 2015, 15:38 pm)circuit Wrote: [ -> ]i rather watch a dvdscr than a CAM ...

Not all Cam copies are bad though like TS-Cam copies those turn out good most of the time.,
Do you guys burn your DVD screeners to a disc, or do you just watch it and delete it?
Pages: 1 2